Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace's Dayton, Ohio, office is near Wright-Patterson Air Force Base and across from Wright State University. This office supports several Department of Defense organizations including the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC), the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), and several Aeronautical Systems Center program offices.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Software Engineer Associate
What You Will Do:
- This position will provide software development support to the Air Force Research Laboratory at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH. You’ll work on a joint Government-contractor team, developing software supporting command and control applications.
- Major responsibilities include:
- Software design and development.
- Work with managers and customers to establish detailed requirements
- Design and implement prototype software meeting those requirements
- Support software evaluation, and resolve problems found during evaluation
- Support prototype demonstrations
- Assist customers in preparing and conducting prototype demonstrations to end users, etc.
What You Will Need:
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field, such as Computer Science is strongly preferred plus or more years related experience
- Experience in C# and C++ development
- Experience in C# Rational Expressions is highly desired
- Experience in natural language processing is highly desired
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance.
Relocation: Relocation for this position is NOT Available
In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher level degree may substitute for two years of related experience. Related experience may be considered in lieu of education.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.