Location: 100 N Phillips Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57104.
Schedule: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday with some flexibility. 30 hours per week. (Eligible for full benefits).
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support of the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department. This position assists the HR department with the new hire and onboarding life cycle, data entry, filing, and other administrative functions.
1. Assist the HR department in performing a wide variety of administrative duties, including mailings, billing process and ordering supplies.
2. Respond to and resolve customer service requests according to Great Western Bank policies in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner at all times.
3. Support the recruiting process by performing all administrative aspects of the new hire and onboarding life cycle, including background checks, new hire paperwork, and onboarding.
4. Create and maintain organized, accurate, and up-to-date employee files.
5. Process all HR invoices into the online invoicing system.
6. Monitor and respond to general employee questions requested through the Tech Ticket system and the HR general email. Escalate issues as needed to the appropriate HR staff member.
7. Ability to multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency and maintain a high attention to detail.
8. Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
1. High School Diploma or Associate’s Degree.
2. Administrative / clerical experience preferred.
3. Excellent judgment and a strong sense of urgency.
4. Ability to multi-task, stay organized, and demonstrate strong attention to detail.
5. Must be a self-starter with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
6. Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
8. Capacity and willingness to learn new systems. Experience with an HRIS a plus.
Great Western Bancorporation is the holding company for Great Western Bank, which operates about 200 branches in Iowa, Kansas, Missouri,...