Raw Material Planner (AO); McIntosh, AL-1300431
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Raw Material Planner will be responsible for ordering and managing raw materials. The major responsibilities include the following:
- Places purchase orders for raw materials to support the production schedule.
- Manages inventories to meet corporate objectives.
- Releases/firms requisitions by daily review of the MRP queue.
- Monitors exception queues and takes action accordingly.
- Follows up with vendors on issues such as delivery, availability, lead times, etc.
- Participates in production meetings.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Either a BS degree in logistics or supply chain or a minimum of 5 years production/logistics/supply chain experience is required.
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- A working knowledge of SAP R/3 along with moderate experience using MS Access/Excel is preferred.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter; works independently under general supervision.
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-McIntosh
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company with over 113,000 employees and close to 370 production sites worldwide. We serve...