About Fallon Community Health Plan:
Founded in 1977, Fallon Community Health Plan is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit health care services organization. From traditional health insurance products available throughout Massachusetts for all populations, to innovative health care programs and services for independent seniors, FCHP supports the diverse and changing needs of all those it serves. FCHP has consistently ranked among the nation’s top health plans, and is the only health plan in Massachusetts to have been awarded “Excellent” Accreditation by the National Committee for Quality Assurance for its HMO, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid products. For more information, visit fchp.org.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for assisting in the deployment of FCHP’s corporate communications strategy and providing media relations support as needed.
- Provide support to Vice President of Corporate Communications on corporate communication activities, including but not limited to researching stories and writing articles for the company newsletter, developing and maintaining content for the company intranet, assistance with finalizing corporate meeting agendas and presentations, assistance with developing ideas and content for the annual report, and other communication activities identified in FCHP’s corporate communications strategy.
- Draft news releases and media advisories; serve as secondary contact for media, occasionally acting as primary contact on certain activities and or with some interactions with FCHP business units.
- Maintain and manage FCHP’s corporate media kit and its repository of corporate communication materials, including the Corporate Communications Toolbox.
- Must have the ability to write in a variety of formats and styles for a variety of audiences, interpreting complex information and presenting it in a clear, compelling manner. When appropriate, collaborate with the Marketing Communications creative team on graphic development of communications.
- Must have excellent command of standard American English, and its spelling and grammar. Also, adherence to company style guide (which primarily follow AP style) and branding standards.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in communications-related field or equivalent experience.
Experience: 5-7 years experience in corporate communications, preferably focused on the health care market. Experience in media relations and internal communications a plus.
Apply for this job
Your application choices are:
- Apply for this job online
- Refer a friend to this job
- Not ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community now!
Founded in 1977, Fallon Health is a leading health care services organization that supports the diverse and changing needs of those we...