Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: New Castle, DE
Are you passionate about leveraging your IT skills to serve the community while advancing your career in the exciting, fast-moving healthcare information technology field?
It's all right here at Christiana Care, where over 300 dedicated and talented staff are committed to using cutting edge technology to support the Christiana Care mission…COME SEE FOR YOURSELF !!
We are actively recruiting for a Sr. Network Engineer position to be located at our New Castle location and will report to the Information Services Manager, who is responsible for the data and voice network infrastructure. This position may require travel to remote sites throughout the state of DE, southern NJ, southeastern PA and eastern MD. Must hold a valid driver’s license with no restrictions and possess reliable transportation.
The Network Team provides support for Christiana Care’s corporate data and voice network including two large hospitals, two data centers and over 30 remote satellite offices located throughout the State of Delaware, southern NJ, southeastern PA and eastern MD. This position provides advanced level analysis, project planning, implementation and installation for data and/or voice network projects. This position provides support for this network including routing, switching, wireless, firewalls, load balancers, SSL/VPN and network monitoring systems. This position will require on call coverage (24x7) of a week at a time which will be rotated with the other members of the team for an average of 7-8 weeks per year.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads project teams for network infrastructure related projects, identifying potential resource conflicts and developing solutions. Acts as a mentor to the Associate Network Analyst and the Network Analyst.
- Generates advanced networking ideas which increase system performance and system availability.
- Ensures the network infrastructure is configured and maintained to the design specifications of the Network Architect.
- Provides extensive in depth level troubleshooting and advanced problem determination. Uses both breadth and depth of technical knowledge to assist other department personnel in the identification and resolution of particularly difficult technical problems
- Monitors total data and/or voice network performance and capacities (hardware and software) looking for trends and develops plans to makes substantial changes to optimize the network's performance.
- Develops the appropriate work plans for the implementation of new data and/or voice communication hardware and software; insures that new software releases and updates are thoroughly tested before implementation, follows change control processes and keeps accurate system documentation. Engages resource managers for any necessary resources outside the network group, publishes project schedules and project status reports.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for continuing professional development to increase understanding of assigned areas, computer technology and other relative areas. Investigates and studies new and developing technologies in order to determine their potential value and applicability within the infrastructure.
- Investigates and studies advanced new and developing technologies in order to determine their potential value and applicability within the infrastructure.
- Maintains good communications at all times, provides technical assistance, support, education, training, and standards for Information Services staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive experience in supporting and troubleshooting a large multisite IP network environment.
- Extensive experience in design, setup and configuration of complex switching and routing environments.
- Experience in supporting a wireless network.
- Extensive knowledge of data networking concepts such as LAN/WAN, VLANS, routing, switching, Wi-Fi and VoIP.
- Extensive knowledge of network protocols such as, OSPF, BGP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and SNMP.
- Excellent skills in data network troubleshooting utilizing network sniffers, syslogs and network monitoring tools.
- Extensive knowledge of network switches, routers, firewalls, SSL/VPN’s, network load balancers and wireless controllers.
- Ability to lead a root cause analysis team from multiple disciplines and capability of training others and providing documented root cause analysis.
- Experience in a healthcare environment beneficial.
- Experience with Enterasys, Juniper, Fortinet, Aruba, F5, Spectrum, Wireshark, LogLogic or SevOne beneficial.
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or genetic information.
Job Classification: Information Systems
Job Requisition #: 30555BR
Christiana Care Health Systems - 21 months ago
Christiana Care Health System, headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 22nd in...