Carrier Corp. is the world's leader in high technology, heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier experts provide sustainable solutions, integrating energy-efficient products, building controls and energy services for residential, commercial, retail, transport and food service customers.
Founded in 1902 by the inventor of modern air conditioning, Carrier improves the world around us through engineered innovation and environmental stewardship. Headquartered in Farmington, Connecticut, USA, Carrier has approximately 32,000 employees in more than 170 countries in six continents.
Carrier is a member of the United Technologies Corporation (NYSE:UTX) family. UTC, based in Hartford, Conn., USA, is a diversified company providing high technology products and services to the global aerospace and building industries. UTC's products include Pratt & Whitney aircraft engines, Sikorsky helicopters, Hamilton Sundstrand aerospace systems and industrial products, Otis elevators and escalators, UTC Fire & Security systems and UTC Power fuel cells. Also in the UTC family is a central research organization - the United Technologies Research Center - where industry leaders deliver the world's most advanced technologies, provide innovative thinking and conduct disciplined research for the UTC businesses.
Global Detection & Alarm, a global leader in fire safety, makes a real difference in people's lives around the world by helping to keep people and property safe. Whether you're a seasoned professional or just starting your career, we may have the opportunity you've been seeking to work in a dynamic, energetic environment!
We are currently looking for a Manager, Product Management, based in our Bradenton, FL facility. The Global Product Manager will lead a team of global product managers and be responsible for developing the multi generation product plan, voice of the customer input, develop verse buy analysis, product line profitability, development financial analysis and priority, competitive analysis, and product vitality. This role will:
Detection & Alarms portfolio of fire safety delivers safety and peace of mind to more than one million customers in 35 different countries. A wholly owned subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation.
- Lead all aspects of product management from inception to end of life
- Drive flexible product platform strategies, prioritize programs and deliver new product targets
- Effectively manage SKU productivity
- Ensure the appropriate feature/ cost trade-offs for market success and maintain relentless cost-out focus, without compromising quality (global agency cost must be accounted for)
- Implement market research as needed to determine key product decisions
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to ensure effectiveness
- Strategic emphasis with operational responsibilities
- Product Council leadership
- Work closely with functional leadership team to develop overall business strategy
- Must have a 4 year college degree. MBA a plus
- Must be a team player having the ability to interact effectively within a matrix organization
- Must have experience in commercial/engineering/product management roles within the electronics industry
- Must be enthusiastic, willing to learn and evolve in a challenging environment
- Highly effective facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of self-motivation/initiative
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- 3 years ago - save job