Advanced Analytics, Portfolio Sales Representative - part of IBM Software Group, Business Analytics
The Advanced Analytics Solutions Representative is responsible for developing Business Analytics solutions that address your client’s business needs (both industry and business) and deliver client value while supporting brand-specific business strategies. You will work to create solutions which are tailored to client’s business needs and integrate the IBM Business Analytics capabilities in a way that is valued by the customer and superior to the competition. In this role, it is essential that you are able to apply industry-specific knowledge and experience to bring new business and technology insights to assigned clients.
Successful candidates will be responsible for all aspects of selling IBM's Advanced Analytics products (Cognos, SPSS) including territory / pipeline management, opportunity identification, understanding & analyze the business challenges of enterprise clients, selecting appropriate IBM solutions, leading PoCs, demonstrations, client workshops and presentations, quotes / pricing, and other proposal development activities.
Successful candidates will:
• Demonstrate understanding of client requirements regarding enterprise security controls, policies and related technologies, and how IBM solutions can meet these requirements.
• Be able to recognize compelling reasons for clients and prospects to act upon these requirements, and in turn be able to communicate how to persuasively articulate how comprehensive IBM Business Analytics solution(s) can best meet these requirements.
• Demonstrate knowledge of enterprise client budgeting and purchasing processes, typical recommender and decision maker roles involved, and how to progress security opportunities from opportunity identification to closure.
• Be capable of presenting and articulating the differentiated value of IBM Business Analytics solutions compared to competitors in the market.
• Have experience successfully leading sales teams in complex, competitive sales situations, including PoCs and extensive demonstrations.
• Understand, and be able to articulate to clients, deployment processes and best practices to lower deployment risk and accelerate time to value.
• Show evidence of working cohesively with channel partners to develop customer relationships and ensure clients are provided with the best available IBM solutions.
High School Diploma/GED
Readiness to travel 25% travel annually
2 years of Enterprise Software Sales Experience
5 years of Enterprise Software sales experience
2 years of Business Analytics, Business Intelligence, or Performance Management Software sales experience
Additional information IBM Software Group is the world's largest provider of middleware and the second-largest software business in the world, contributing about 15% of IBM's total revenue and one-third of its profits. We have approximately 40,000 employees worldwide, including the world's largest direct software sales force of 13,000 people. SWG works with 100,000 business partners worldwide, with more than 100 strategic ISV alliances. We have 40 software research labs worldwide; more than 25,000 developers, 24 on-demand software centers; and 14,000 employees dedicated to open software technology.
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 2 years experience in Enterprise Software Sales
- Readiness to travel 25% travel annually
- English: Fluent
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years experience in Enterprise Software Sales
- At least 2 years experience in Business Analytics Software
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
IBM - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...