Evening Support Counselor
Reports to the Life Skills Coach Supervisor
**This position is located in Chesapeake, VA
**This position requires evening, weekend, and holiday availability
Summary – Serve as a positive role model for residents to observe and learn socially effective values, attitudes and behaviors. Contribute to the formulation and implementation of the resident transitional living plan. Assist with life skills learning, transportation, and administrative duties, i.e., typing, filing, copying.
- Interact with all residents in accordance with the transitional living plan and the therapeutic process.
- Maintain therapeutic relationships which do not allow self-disclosure of personal or social information to residents.
- Provide transportation, accompany, and directly supervise residents on outings, activities and appointments in the community.
- Facilitate resident community meetings.
- Administer first aid to resident in response to minor medical problems.
- Guide residents in personal hygiene techniques and the proper care of their condominiums.
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity and flexibility in organizing and conducting recreational activities and outings.
- Exercise fair, firm and consistent use of behavioral system (point sheet).
- HS Diploma or equivalent plus some related experience with youth.
- Must be available on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Current Driver’s License with favorable driving record required (no more than 2 moving violations in the last 3 years, no more than 1 at-fault accident in the last 3 years, no DUIs in the last 5 years).
Intercept Youth Services - 2 years ago