Reports to: Landscape Engineering Manager
Job Location: American time zones - your home, given appropriate facilities including
Ubuntu is the fastest growing Linux distribution, with over 20 million users in just a few
years. The project is aimed on reducing barriers to innovation globally by providing free
access to an open technology platform.
Landscape is a product offered by Canonical which allows for easy management of
remote Ubuntu systems, covering areas such as package and repository management,
cloud (OpenStack) health and management, hardware inventory, monitoring, and process
management - scaling to tens of thousands of devices.
As a Landscape Engineer you will be responsible for collaborating with a very active
distributed development team on all the tasks involved in the development process.
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Write high-quality code to create new features
- Debug issues and produce high-quality code to fix them
- Review code produced by other developers
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- Required skills and experience:
- Degree level education, preferably in a technology field
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
- Involvement in open source projects in the past
- Understanding of how to be part of a distributed team
- May travel often and for a couple of weeks
- Excellent Python programming experience
- Experience with Python frameworks such as Twisted and Zope
- Experience with databases (PostgreSQL a plus)
- Experience with asynchronous and event driven programming
- Knowledge of message queue systems is a plus (AMQP)
- Experience on network-related development (RPC, ...)
- Knowledge about common design patterns (interfaces, ...)
- Experience with cloud topologies and technologies (OpenStack a plus)
- Experience with devops/system administration is a plus
Canonical provides engineering, online and professional services to Ubuntu partners and customers worldwide. As the company behind the...