Assistant Restaurant Manager - The Mall at Green Hills
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer that also operates competitively excellent restaurants and specialty coffee bars in our stores. Our business is founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for talented assistant restaurant managers to contribute top tier performances in the food and beverage arena. Our operations are fast paced, high quality and customer service focused.
We are dedicated to hiring outstanding individuals who share our passion for serving customers and preparing quality food and beverages. Our people and their commitment to customer service are what set us apart. We believe in empowering you to make great decisions and to take care of your customers and career. The opportunities are endless.
Each assistant restaurant manager will complete an extensive Manager in Training program which includes front of the house and back of the house training, financial systems, invoice processing, scheduling, budgets, costs control, expense reports, vendor relationships, recruitment and hiring training. The ideal assistant restaurant manager is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
- Hire, train and monitor the development of the front-of-house employees
- Lead a team of employees in providing exceptional customer service
- Assist the manager in monitoring store presentation and ensuring service and quality standards are met
- Motivate team to complete the sales process, ensure customer satisfaction, comply with Company procedures and maximize productivity
- Support cost controls measures
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- 2-5 years experience in food and beverage service, management, hospitality and/or retail environment
- Enthusiastic about food
- A motivational leader who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Aspire to learn and advance your career to restaurant manager and beyond
- Strong math, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store needs
- Food handler's card may be required according to local and or state regulations.
A California Food Handler Card is required for all foodservice employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants/coffee bars in California.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Nordstrom - 12 months ago
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...