Lafayette College offers an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated and collaborative individual to become part of an energetic development team. Lafayette is a highly selective, liberal arts college with an endowment ranked in the top 2% nationally of independent colleges. Having completed an extensive strategic planning process, the development team is currently in the fourth year of the leadership phase of a comprehensive campaign that will secure the necessary resources to shape and sustain the College’s vision for the future. The entry-level Development Associate position will report to the Associate Director of Development/Director of Special Events to assist in the development, implementation and achievement of the goals and objectives of the advancement program and the College’s overall strategic plan.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will:
Qualifications/Requirements: The successful candidate should possess:
- Assist in coordination and implementation of Development Office event details including, but not limited to, room reservations, work order submission, purchase orders, room layouts, catering event orders, invitations and other printed materials, and equipment rentals;
- Work collaboratively with interdepartmental offices to aid efforts with annual solicitations, drafting and coordination of print and web communication pieces, special projects, and athletic events;
- Become familiar with College Strategic Plan and Campaign initiatives in order to maximize event and stewardship goals;
- Assist with proposal and report preparation for gift officers;
- Provide ad hoc support to Annual Fund, Major Gift, Gift Planning, and Stewardship Offices;
- Maintain and update standard operating procedures for Development Office operations;
- Work collaboratively with campus and outside vendors;
- Effectively manage details for several different projects simultaneously;
- Manage budget expenditures and demonstrate ability to make appropriate reductions when faced with budget restrictions; and
- Form productive team partnerships with the other Development Office staff.
Application: Please submit resume, letter of application, and three references to Kristen Quirk, Lafayette College, 307 Markle Hall, Easton, PA 18042 or via e-mail to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately. Application Deadline: Wednesday, November 28. Lafayette College is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Associate’s degree required (Bachelor’s degree preferred) with a minimum of one to two years of relevant experience; higher education/advancement experience is preferred but not required;
- Ability to work well alone or as part of a team in a fast-paced environment;
- Elevated interpersonal skills with excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills
- Self-motivator to complete tasks in a timely manner;
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills with an ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Maintain consummate professional manner when dealing with senior level administrators and Board of Trustees;
- Ability to exercise good judgment when dealing with confidential and sensitive material;
- Elevated proficiency in Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), and Adobe Acrobat;
- A high level of energy, enthusiasm, and sense of humor are essential; and
- Night and weekend hours will be required during events and peak seasons.