Boulder County's Department of Housing and Human Services (DHHS) is accepting applications for three Program Specialist II (High Barriers) positions in their Work Supports Division. The Program Specialist II will perform a variety of complex human services duties including case management within employment services continuum for Colorado Works families. The Program Specialist II will conduct intake interviews to assess clients' needs. The Program Specialist II will work on developing case plans with Colorado Works participants, providing counseling assistance to participants, making appropriate referrals to resources within the department and within the community. S/he will assist clients in obtaining services to support their goals and will assist clients with SSI / SSDI applications and processes. The incumbent will be responsible for monthly reporting and monitoring of participants' progress and will assist the Program Manger in reporting and the development of program policies and procedures.
Examples of Duties:
- Conducts comprehensive assessment to address client needs and develops individualized plans to address client barriers to employment based on program guidelines.
- Works closely with other divisions and agencies in the service delivery continuum and refers clients to additional resources within the department and community.
- Assists clients in obtaining services to support their goals.
- Assists clients with SSI / SSDI application and process.
- Assists clients in transition to employment, community service and/or internship opportunities.
- Coordinates client activities and access to services within multiple HHS and Workforce Boulder County programs.
- Continually assesses client and family needs to help family attain self-sufficiency.
- Participates in integrated case management teams, trainings and work groups department wide.
- Coordinates case management needs of clients engaged in multiple case managed programs within the department.
- Provides counseling assistance and monitoring.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in a social science, business or related field and two (2) years of case management experience.
- Experience in Colorado Works and or working with vulnerable populations is preferred.
- Good computer skills.
- Previous career counseling experience preferred.
- Concepts of self-sufficiency, career counseling and barriers to employment.
- Current and future labor market information, employer expectations, and effective and current job search practices.
- Various assessment tools and practices.
- Obtain, interpret, and relay labor market information to participants.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Scope and application of laws and regulations pertaining to employment and training programs.
- Principles of case management.
- Community services and resources.
- Crisis intervention, mediation, and conflict resolution.
- Computerized tracking systems (or demonstrated ability to learn computerized tracking systems).
- Routine software and business applications, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Provide professional customer service to clients and public.
- Listen intently and effectively as clients provide information and respond in professional, productive, and appropriate ways to convey a caring, insightful, professional manner.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Serve as an informal resource for clients and team members and community-based organizations.
- Provide training to new team members and peers, as needed.
- Accomplish the assigned workload in a timely manner and meet established performance standards and objectives.
- Good time management and planning skills.
- The position requires a thorough knowledge of statute as it relates to both the Colorado Works and Child Care Assistance Programs.
- Must be able to interpret rules/regulations and policy.
Primarily sedentary physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination to operate computer keyboard and office equipment; vision for reading, recording and interpreting information; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and members of the public.
From "Dictionary of Occupational Titles", U.S. Dept of Labor:
Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time.
Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time.
Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time.
Veterans are encouraged to apply for Boulder County jobs that match their education and/or experience.
Boulder County, CO - 15 months ago