This is a great opportunity to get into Linux Engineering at Thunderhead.com. The Engineer will be responsible for developing Thunderhead.coms Virtual Appliance and Linux Virtual Machine Infrastructure. We want a Linux Subject Matter Expert that understands the Linux development code base for the Fedora/Redhat/CentOs from the ground up. They will also be responsible for resolving technical issues with the Linux platform including creating special patches and builds as required. The role will also involve working on EAG and SaaS Development projects from time to time as required.
Improve and Develop Linux Practices including:
Key performance indicators include
- Creating, Maintaining and Monitoring new Linux Development Practises
- Maintaining and Configuring new Virtual Appliance and Virtual Machine Images
- Reviewing Linux Security measures and employing best practices to protect our machines
- Working with Support, Pre-Sales and Professional Services on Linux related queries for Customers
- Keeping up to date on industry best practises
- Chef Knowledge will be an advantage
- Other programming and Database knowledge will be an advantage
Desired Skills & Experience
This is a Senior Role and as such the candidate will need to work with little day to day supervision on multiple project related and incidental tasks, giving appropriate priority based on policies and experience.
- Improvement in Linux Deployment Security and Effieceny
- Developing further Linux Technical Skills
- Providing good support to our staff in relation to Linux Technology
- Keeping the ONE Platform Operational and Secure
See Skills opposite.
Skills & experience
- Linux Programming –The candidate must be a Linux Programmer to understand and Develop Linux Code. With several years commercial experience.
- We expect the candidate to have one of the Red Hat Certified Qualifications such as RHCE –Red Hat Certified Engineer
- Linux Security – We expect the candidate to have commercial experience developing secure Linux hosts.
- Linux Administration – We expect the candidate to have excellent Linux Technical Skills
- SQL – We expect the candidate to know how to use SQL to update and find data in SQL databases.
Thunderhead was founded in 2001 by our CEO Glen Manchester. Glen recognized that there was a critical gap in the market - the requirements...