Blue Canopy, LLC is seeking a SOC Cyber Security Analysts (Tier I & II) (locations: Arlington, VA; Washington, DC; and Linthicum, MD
Do you want to work with the best cyber threat detection tools possible? Do you want a position that can move you into management? If so, this is the job for you.
The SOC Cyber Security Analysts (Tier I & II) will be members of high-tech state of the art Security Operations Centers and will actively monitor security threats and risks, provide in-depth incident analysis, evaluate security incidents, and will provide proactive threat research. The Cyber Security Analysts will utilize the latest in security technology and be on the fore-front of incident response. The position has the possibility of becoming the Shift Lead with additional management responsibilities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Security Operations Center (SOC) environment experience with security engineering and monitoring experience a MUST
- Conduct research on emerging security threats
- May serve as a shift lead to provide advanced analysis, communication abilities, and mentorship of the other analysts.
- Monitor multiple security technologies, such as ArcSight, Snort, Damballa, FireEye, Palo Alto, and NIKSUN.
- Manages and develops intelligence analysis and reporting products
- Coordinates w/ Federal and IC Cyber Threat community and working groups
- Develops focused reporting and briefings for advanced cyber threats and activity
- Provides correlation and trending of Program’s cyber incident activity
- Develops threat trend analysis reports and metrics
- Supports SOC analysis, handling and response activity
- Maintains situational awareness reports for advanced threats such as Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) and Focused Operations (FO) incidents
- Author Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and training documentation when needed
- 3-6 years of security experience with at least a total of 8 years (4 years for Analyst I) total IT background.
- Solid working experience with any of the following tools is required: Arcsight, Splunk, Sourcefire IDS, McAfee EPO, Symantec Endpoint, Cisco ASA, NIKSUN, or other packet capturing solutions.
- The ability to take lead on incident research when appropriate and be able to mentor junior analysts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self motivated and able to work in an independent manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent education or work experience.
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust level clearance. (SF-85 and SF-86 submission required).
About Blue Canopy Group:
- Must have at least one (1) certification in the field of information security from a respectable security organization.
- Candidates must be willing to work a determined shift in a 15/5 shift schedules working Mon-Fri, either starting at 6:00am or finishing at 9:00pm in an SOC operational support environment. Once candidate is selected, their shift will be determined based on the business need and current shift opening and may include a requirement to rotate shifts on a periodic basis (e.g. every three months).
Blue Canopy, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Founded in 2001
- In 2003, formed a wholly owned subsidiary, BC Fed Group, for classified work
- Recipient of Washington Technology´s Fast 50 Government Contractors Award
- Measured in the highest customer satisfaction percentile by Dun & Bradstreet
- Two time award recipient of Inc. Magazine´s 500 fastest-growing privately held companies in the United States
- Recognized by Gartner for our industry leading IP built for end to end IT management and formalized a joint venture on our solutions for technology around governance, performance management and project management
- Deliver information security, technology integration, and enterprise performance management services as well as program management to Federal clients as well as Fortune 1000 companies
- Large percentage of workforce supports National Security initiatives for DOD and Intelligence Community
Headquarted in Reston, Virginia, Blue Canopy is a fast growing, entrepreneurial company that allows all team members the unique opportunity...