The Echo Nest's world class Technical Operations team has an immediate opening for a talented Linux Systems Engineer to help manage and scale our high growth 24x7x365 SaaS infrastructure. This Linux Systems Engineer should have experience in installing, maintaining and troubleshooting complex Linux environments and applications. The position requires a responsible, organized, team oriented individual with strong communications skills and the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects while adapting quickly to rapidly changing priorities.
- Building / Managing co-located and cloud based Linux servers.
- Automated software installation (kickstart, jumpstart, FAI).
- Understand and Troubleshoot network and hardware metrics: load, Memory, Disk I/O, Network I/O etc.
- Writing shell scripts for managing / maintaining Linux based systems.
- Build/update/maintain 24/7 monitoring tools.
- Build and maintain RPM based packages.
- Working with Technical Ops team to institute standards and best practices for Linux system maintenance,
- Linux Support Development / QA teams.
- Support rapid-fire continuous deployment of software platform in a highly available distributed environment
Location: Davis Square, Somerville, MA
- 4+ years RHES v5.x+ and/or CentOS v5.x+ Linux systems administration.
- 2+ years working with MySQL databases.
- 2+ years working w/ network equipment/infrastructure experience.
- 4+ years in relevant 24x7 highly available datacenter and on-call environments.
- Experience with Virtual Based systems (VMware, Xen).
- Internet applications and protocols HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, & SSL.
- Able to work and contribute to a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with AWS or other Cloud computing environments.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle process in an agile environment
- Experience with Splunk and Nagios
- Bonus: Experience working with Solr/Lucene/Nginx/Tornado
Send resume and cover letter to
The Echo Nest Corporation - 18 months ago