To produce, assemble, and prepare mass mailings for submission to the United States Postal Service at the lowest efficient cost. To provide assistance to the mail center lead and mailroom clerk. |
Mail Services Lead
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
High school graduate or equivalent required. Must be familiar with computers and have a basic knowledge of email management, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Previous mail center and Pitney Bowes equipment experience preferred as well as a basic knowledge of United States Postal Regulations.
Job Specific Competencies
- Demonstrates proficiency in the operation of mail processing equipment, including but not limited to, Pitney Bowes DM-1000 metering machine, Pitney Bowes DI-950 inserter/folder, Pitney Bowes DA-750 address printer, and HP laser printer.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain a timely schedule of organization and delivery of correspondence and miscellaneous items, including patient email.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively solve problems in the absence of the mail center lead.
- Demonstrates knowledge of United State Postal Service standards/processes and trains fellow associates as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to develop a quick grasp of software applications in mail production.
- Monitors Mail Center inventory at both hospital campuses, orders all stock supplies to ensure adequate quantities on hand. Orders supplies as needed by other departments for special mailing projects as assigned by Mail Center Lead. Maintains list of all in-stock item numbers and reprographic form numbers used by mail services.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Demonstrates both knowledge and application of Sanford policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff.
- Demonstrates and applies continuous quality improvement knowledge and skills.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
- This position is classified as a Category III position under OSHA guidelines with no risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements
Sanford Health - 10 months ago