Under limited supervision, the Ocular Specialty Representative markets and promotes a range of B&L proprietary and generic prescription eye care products to physicians in private practice.
o Managing and developing appropriate promotional budget and determining expenditures on promotional activities
- Uses independent judgment and discretion to determine the most effective strategies to promote B&L Pharmaceutical products to eye care practitioners, hospitals, and other institutions.
- Uses and refines clinical selling techniques that will enable the representative to bring value and influence customer thinking about the ways they can provide treatment and manage patients, including:
o Visiting ophthalmologists based upon independent assessment of prescription activity and potential growth
o Utilizing available samples within FDA guidelines to maximize impact with promotional audience
o Crafting messages and other appropriate promotional techniques within FDA guidelines to maximize impact with promotional audience.
Bausch + Lomb is one of the best-known and most respected healthcare brands in the world, offering the widest and finest range of eye health products including contact lenses and lens care products, pharmaceuticals, intraocular lenses and other eye surgery products. The company is solely dedicated to protecting and enhancing the gift of sight for millions of people around the world – from the moment of birth through every phase of life. Our mission is simple yet powerful: Helping you see better to live better.
- Demonstrates in depth professional level of disease state knowledge related to B&L and competitor products and is able to articulate the compelling medical advantages for B&L products.
- Determining and implementing best techniques to market and promote B&L Pharmaceutical products to pharmacies working with the Regional Business Director and National Account Manager to facilitate/enhance pull through of managed care strategies.
- Collaborate with Ocular Specialty Manager to assess territory sales performance and drive sales results that meet or exceed forecasts for the territory.
- Work with other Ocular Specialty Representatives, as appropriate, to develop and coordinate selling efforts.
- Identify and assess high impact trade shows and health fairs as scheduled and attend as appropriate to that assessment.
- Collaborate with OSM and sales and marketing group to develop and implement promotional strategy as determined appropriate
- Independently identify and pursue other initiatives to drive sales within territory (and region)
- BA/BS or equivalent amount of experience
- 3+ years specialty pharmaceutical sales experience with proven track record of success.
- Required residence in territory geography.
- Knowledge of ophthalmology preferred.
- Demonstrated competency with studies/clinical reprints and other third party proof sources.
- Proven PC skills required (Microsoft tools); Computer systems: People soft, GBS, e-mail and other administration.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business trade journals, professional journals, and financial reports as well as write reports, business correspondence, and standard operating procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills necessary.
- Valid driver's license to travel to customer locations.
- Some overnight travel will be required.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
- Ability to build a network of customers and industry contacts, including K.O.L.s and speakers.
- Successfully presents the Rx, OTC, and Vitamin business as one united company to the customers.
- Continue knowledge development and maintain market trends.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve annual target incentive.
- Candidate should bring value to the customer while having accountability for results.
- Skilled in strategic selling with a desire to assist others with success.
- Ability to work independently and without direct daily supervision and limited supervision overall
- Ability to work within a team to develop and implement effective marketing and promotional strategies
United States-Oregon-Oregon - Virtual Office