Job Title: Linux Administrator
Duration: 12 months
Location: San Diego-CA
IT Administrator responsible for supporting a Domestic/International distributed Windows and Linux Engineering Computer Infrastructure. Day to day responsibilities include design and support of the engineering infrastructure associated with the build and development tools. Responsible for maintaining servers and workstations, which includes new installs, upgrading, and rebuild of existing servers and workstations, as well as configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements. Duties also include installation of MS Security updates, Virus protection software, build tools upgrade/deployment. The person in this role will be responsible for developing/designing processes, standards, and integrating architected solutions into various environments. Other responsibilities include being part of a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- 3-5 years experience with IT systems technology, enterprise class environments, high-availability, hardware/software installation and configurations of Microsoft Server 2008, as well as UNIX/LINUX (Ubuntu, RedHat, Fedora) environments.
- Proficient scripting skills in Powershell, Perl, Python, vbscript, PHP, shell Knowledge of Make scripting a plus.
- Requires experience with MySQL, MS SQL, Web Server IIS, Apache, Oracle Requires understanding of fiber channel switches, SAN and NAS technologies.
- Requires experience with HP/Oracle/Cisco Enterprise level hardware and blade infrastructure.
- Good understanding of different Windows and UNIX/LINUX operating systems and utilities.
- Solid Troubleshooting skills of real time production environment along with deployment and support of newer systems.
- Perform daily system monitoring and gather data/metrics for performance and data reporting trending.
- Ability to jump between different tasks and rapidly adjusting priorities.
- Manage day to day tasks and provide tier 3 support Able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledge of Sharepoint usage and wiki documentation required.
- Able to work independently but also a strong team player.
- Able to create professional documentation.
- Able to think strategically and conceptually while managing details Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter and team player
RJT Compuquest - 14 months ago