Protective Life Insurance Company is a leading nationwide provider of life insurance and annuities. Drawing upon the strengths of the past, while maintaining a keen eye toward the future, the Company’s employees nationwide are dedicated to affirming the wisdom of our collective vision. Doing the right thing is smart business.®
Title: Customer Care Consultant
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Position Objective: Responsible for supporting all business activities of Protective Life Insurance Company’s In-force Marketing Program. As a Customer Care Consultant, , this role includes a full spectrum of internal sales support across a broad range of life insurance and annuity products.
- Build relationships with existing and prospective policyholders within defined criteria
- Accepts leads from Policyholder Services and recommends products appropriate to fill customer’s determined needs
- Proactively contacts policyholders and contract owners who are nearing maturity in their life insurance policies and annuity contracts
- Conducts needs analysis, provides illustrations and assists with application process
- Applies customer-centric approach, providing timely service and appropriate follow-up activities
- Proactively seeks new sales opportunities, recognizes any obstacles to approaching these opportunities and works with Manager in overcoming these obstacles/barriers
- Stays current on all products within the representative’s capacity and changes in the insurance industry
- Promotes and enhances a team environment,
- Cooperates with others, shares information and assists others in a way necessary to assure department goals are met
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Prior financial services (life insurance and annuity) personal production history desired.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite Package
- Ability to work in a strong team environment.
- Well-developed organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple issues and demands
- Demonstrated knowledge of a broad range of financial services products and product applications ,including universal life, variable universal life, term insurance and fixed/variable annuities.
- Attention to detail and quality of service in all aspects of relationship management.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to quickly identify and respond to internal and external customer needs.
- Promptly resolves internal and external customer problems
- A strong sense of urgency and a desire to succeed.
- Prior financial services (life insurance and annuity) personal production history a plus.
- College degree and industry professional designations a plus
- State Life & Health license and Series 6 securities license required .
We offer a strong corporate benefit package that includes company-paid downtown parking. Benefits also include: medical/dental/vision, 401(k) with company match, cash balance pension, paid time off (PTO), long term disability, flexible spending account and company paid life insurance and short term disability.
More about Protective Life Insurance Company:
Protective Life Insurance Company provides financial security through innovatively designed life insurance and annuity products. For over a century, Protective Life has remained true to its core values of quality, serving people and growth. This unwavering commitment has been rewarded with stable, long-term relationships and growth. Traded on the NYSE (PL), Protective Life has over 2,000 employees, exceeds $44 billion in assets and is among the nation's leading insurance companies. Drawing on a heritage of strength and tradition, Protective Life continues to focus on a collective vision of Doing the right thing is smart business. ®