User Experience Designer
Position Title: User Experience Designer
Division: Staples Agency – Interactive (Framingham)
As a member of the Agency at Staples, the User Experience Designer will work directly with other designers, copywriters and developers to create effective creative designs for e-commerce and related Staples’ web properties.
The User Experience Designer will work collaboratively with the extended user-experience and visual design teams maintaining alignment of brand and UX standards.
Responsibilities will include:
- Initial brainstorming and concepting through optimized graphic production
- This member of the design team will apply their visual/UX design knowledge while integrating usability research & web analytics data into final solutions
- Demonstrating experience in executing concept sketches, information design hierarchy and wireframes that support the strategic vision will be essential
- The User Experience Designer will work interdependently with other team members on key initiatives to ensure creative execution maintains a strong, consistent user experience
- Solutions should demonstrate a thoughtful approach to strategy and our Easy Brand Promise
- Establish credibility with team members throughout the organization
- Maintain a strong understanding of our core business objectives
- Demonstrate a passion for staying abreast of competitive & emerging landscape
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present are a must
- Bachelor’s degree required; Interaction Design or related disciplines strongly preferred
- 3+ years of web-based visual and/or user interface design
- Understanding of current UI standards for the web
- Comprehensive experience in wireframe creation, site navigation & interaction design best practices
- Ability to create solutions from initial concept through final execution
- In-depth experience in Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with Balsamiq, and Versions, or similar would be a plus
- Must possess excellent time-management & communication skills
- Above all, must have great sense of humor as well as a sense of urgency
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer and a trusted...