Banner & Witcoff’s Washington, DC office is seeking a full-time Docketing Specialist. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years Intellectual Property (IP) docketing experience and a strong working knowledge of domestic and international patent and trademark processes. Must be detail oriented, have strong organizational, written and oral communication skills and be a team player. Qualified candidates should be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, RightFax and Explorer; and previous docketing software experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review and docket electronic PTO filings.
- Enter new case information using the appropriate criteria and relationships.
- Ability to generate reports from the docket system
- Monitor and docket electronic correspondences received in the PTO patent and trademark mailbox, including docketing all relevant and pertinent deadlines.
- Review and docket all domestic and foreign correspondence received via mail, courier and facsimile, including docketing all relevant and pertinent deadlines.
- Monitor and update firm docket on a daily basis, including communicating with attorneys/paralegals/assistants to obtain instruction for docket entries.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements for consideration.