is a vital member of the MessageOne DevOps team in Designing service improvements for capacity, scalability, usability, and performance. In addition they work collaboratively with Product Development on recommending architectural improvements for features and functionality within the baseline products.
- Develop process and recommendations for application stability.
- Develop and Monitor capacity additions to the Application infrastructure.
- Design service monitoring tools to sustain escalating usage and capacity
- Integrate the latest technological innovations(i.e. CentOS,REHL)
- Escalation point for complex problem resolutions.
- Works with Production Engineers, and Development on troubleshooting and diagnosing severe production problems.
- Develops system documentation and run-books.
- Work collaboratively with the Production Engineers, Development, Performance, and Service Operation teams to implement solutions
- Review, evaluate, test, integrate, and operationalize new tools and technologies to grow system capability
- Create guidelines, processes and procedures for monitoring of application systems
- Coaching, mentoring and developing junior members
- Flexibility to work shifts that may include overnight.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 10 - 12 years experience as top level technical expert in one or more highly specialized phases of systems engineering
- Possesses and routinely applies expert knowledge of systems engineering processes and procedures to the completion of highly complex assignments
- Serves as a technical consulting resource to others in the resolution of highly complex problems
- Ability to consistently apply expert knowledge of systems engineering to the most complex problems and to direct, train and guide less experienced systems engineers
- Ability to identify and focus upon projects which will contribute to Dell's business success over the long-term
- Ability to recommend improvements in processes and procedures that ensure quality and result in increased operating efficiencies
- Familiarity with platform and large enterprise environments
- Advanced knowledge of operating system kernel and ability to apply to recommended courses of action (i.e.CentOS, REHL)
- Expert communication, negotiation and customer service abilities
- Expert project management skills
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Life at Dell
Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:
Life at Dell
Dell Financial Services L.P. - 15 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...