The Department of Theatre and the Digital Filmmaking program at Eastern New Mexico University seek a tenure track, assistant professor in Digital Filmmaking beginning spring or fall term 2013 to teach in its growing filmmaking program. The major is housed in the college of fine arts, which includes the departments of theatre, art, music, and communication.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach filmmaking courses related to cinematography, design (as applied to live and cinema arts), and other filmmaking courses as assigned
• Student advising
• Service on departmental, college, and university committees
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Minimum Job Requirements:
• A terminal degree in an appropriate field is required
• Thorough, practical knowledge of cinematography and production design
• Expected to maintain a professional artistic/research portfolio as part of the probationary process and as a member of the university community.
• Teaching experience in filmmaking
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Additional fields of expertise (film criticism, film history, technical theatre, storyboarding, lighting, etc.) are preferred
Physical Demand and Working Conditions:
• Work is performed during normal work hours but may require some evening or weekend hour
• Work is sedentary in nature that at times requires exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Essential Functions: [As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.]
Date Available: August 2013
Application Review Date: Open until filled with review of applications beginning immediately
Condition of Employment: Must pass a pre-employment background check.
Electronic Application Instructions: Electronic applications may be submitted through the "Apply" link on the top of this page. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application:
Letter of interest
DVD containing slides and or video of work
Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
ENMU is an Affirmative Action Employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University’s non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer at the above address.