We are looking for an intelligent, enthusiastic, organized and self- motivated individual to support our Buying team.
This individual must have a passion and skill for finding creatively designed, strong-selling products, excellent analytic and organizational skills, and be able to work independently in a demanding environment. This position is located at the company's headquarters in Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
- A college degree.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Experience with multiple PC applications including strong Excel skills, and the ability to multi-task and work independently.
- 1-2 years work experience preferred, retail buying experience a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
- Supporting our new product selection process through following up on trade show product leads, gathering item information and samples, and coordinating with the new item pipeline manager.
- Managing customer feedback and quality concerns in conjunction with our customer service team. Effectively communicating with vendors and resolving issues.
- Supporting the catalog product selection process and maintaining vendor communication and negotiation records.
- Completing specific product research projects, with the opportunity to independently take on new product selection responsibilities for specific categories.
We will only consider applicants that provide us with the following:
1. A cover letter describing why you are interested in being an Assistant Buyer at UncommonGoods; and 2. Examples of 3 products that are currently not in our assortment and why they would be right for us.
Please include your cover letter, product examples and most recent wage/ salary information
Founded in 1999 and headquartered in New York City, UncommonGoods is a catalog and online retailer of creatively...