FIS is seeking a highly motivated Windows Server Administrator to supplement the growing HORIZON core processing team. This highly knowledgeable individual will work on various standalone Windows Servers and a growing VMware environment. They will coordinate system patching, specifying server build requirements, support a local SAN environment and ensure all equipment is properly maintained. They will work with FIS customers to resolve application questions regarding FIS GUI setup and installations. They will also work to ensure the proper build and monitoring guidelines are followed to comply with corporate and audit requirements.
Responsible for deploying the release of new technologies as well as the design, installation, configuration, maintenance and system integration testing performance of PC/server operating systems, related utilities and hardware.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, maintains and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems used for designing and developing company products
- Controls user access and passwords
- Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
- Monitors usage and performance
- Trains personnel on system usage
- Troubleshoots server, software and hardware issues
- Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products
- Supports Web access and electronic messaging services, and maintains a secure systems environment
- Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience as required for the specific job level
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
**Up to 25% travel**
- Minimum 3+ yrs Demonstrated Day to Day knowledge of multiple windows operating systems and related utilities and hardware
- Demonstrated Day to Day knowledge of SAN (storage management)
- Demonstrated Day to Day knowledge of GUI setup and installations
- Demonstrated Day to Day knowledge of TCP/IP
- Demonstrated Day to Day knowledge of VMware
- Knowledge of network monitoring and tools
- Knowledge of technical writing principles and practices
- Skill to effectively analyze and solve problems
- Skill in software installation and maintenance
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public
**Must be able to secure a corporate credit card**
**This position may be located in Albany, NY.**
Intermediate professional role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Solves Problems that require analysis and research. Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments. Extensive knowledge of multiple operating systems and related utilities and hardware. Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead. May coach more junior technical staff. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers on certain projects. Typically requires four or more years of demonstrated experience.
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Network and Server Administration
FIS - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in...