Enhance the profitability of our customers by providing state-of-the-art operator interface systems primarily in the Food and Dairy industries. This is accomplished by performing the following duties.
- Setup, program, modify, and maintain a variety of Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) applications. Applications include, but are not limited to; FactoryTalk View ME, Factory Talk View SE, and Wonderware.
- Assist the Project Manager or Controls Engineer by performing routine engineering tasks. These tasks include, but are not limited to; creating and modifying I/O lists, creating and utilizing sequence pin charts, and basic operations in spreadsheets and databases.
- Maintain the software library, including logging incoming software, archiving old versions, and informing personnel as needed.
- Perform minor Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming as needed. This typically includes straight forward or repetitious work, as well as data imports and exports.
- Set up and install software on computers, both internally and for customers.
- Stay current with trends in the HMI and SCADA markets. This includes keeping an eye on related web sites, reading periodicals, and attending seminars / events. This position is also responsible for keeping other team members informed of changes and problems that will affect them, as well as handling customer problems and software alerts.
- Develop and maintain data reporting tools used internally and at customer facilities. This includes work in database management, Visual Basic, ODBC configuration, and reporting applications.
- Test / evaluate new software as needed.
- Maintain the current job directories and the archive job directories.
- Perform basic drafting responsibilities when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Other work as assigned by manager.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity of food and diary processes is desirable.
- 2+ years’ experience designing HMI/SCADA systems using RS View/FT View,or Wonderware is a plus.
- Visual Basic experience is a plus.
- Moderately Skilled w/computers, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Windows XP
- Pass Prove It Advanced Level with 70% or better and total test score of 80% or better for:
- Microsoft Excel – Whole Test
- Pass RS Trainer with total test score of 80% or better for:
- FactoryTalk View ME – Applications and Displays
- Read, analyze, and/or develop technical procedures, process flow schematics, electrical, instrumentation, and pneumatic drawings, and government regulations, safety rules, Operation and Maintenance instructions
- Mathematical skills related to algebra, statistical inference, geometry, and trigonometry
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to complete project goals.
- Write functional specifications, sequence of operations, and system installation instructions.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
- Have a current driver's license.