HP is a leading global provider of products, technologies, solutions and services to consumers and business. The company's offerings span IT infrastructure, personal computing and access devices, global services, and imaging and printing. Our $4 billion annual R&D investment fuels the invention of products, solutions and new technologies so we can better serve customers and enter new markets. We invent, engineer and deliver technology solutions that drive business value, create social value and improve the lives of our customers.
US Public Sector Consulting Introduction
The goal of HP's Enterprise Services US Public Sector Consulting is to establish HP as the world's leading information technology company; to be the best at helping customers manage and transform their IT environments to optimize business outcomes; and to be the provider of choice for IT infrastructure solutions that support the mission of our clients in the Federal marketplace. Enterprise Services US Public Sector Consulting specializes in systems integration, IT strategy, and infrastructure disciplines for a wide variety of US Government and State and Local accounts.
This is an exciting time to join us! We are experiencing year over year growth, outpacing our market. We continue to capitalize and grow our key solution areas:
Data Center Transformation
Enterprise Software Management (HP software, ITIL)
Client, Microsoft & Workplace Services
Platforms Infrastructure & Migration
Our consultants will be assigned to and engage in projects at our customer sites in the DC area and across the US. In addition they will have the opportunity to work with and learn from the best and brightest minds in the business and expand theirs skills and certifications through practical application on these ongoing projects.
Based on overwhelming demand from our clients, our __ (Insert Name of Practice or Program) is seeking to add an experienced (Insert Category Title: Example: Technology Consultant IV) with the following skills and expertise: (Insert skills and role: Example: VMWare Architect). Below is a description of the duties and qualifications for this position:
(Managers to insert specific description and responsibilities for this role) See example below:
Charter: VMWare Architect
- Architect virtualization based solutions of program and enterprise or operational scope.
- Architect reusable solutions of program and enterprise or operational scope.
- Customize reusable solutions of program and enterprise or operational scope.
- Lead architecture team in architecture activities for complex, medium to large opportunity.
- Assess technical / business impact of multiple technologies/strategies
- Identify and address technical or operational risks
- Provide review/input on project activities for large enterprise or global level projects
- Collaborates with the project manager to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures for large enterprise or global level projects.
Security Clearance: (Please insert security requirements)
Location: (Please indicate location)
Education and Experience Required
College Degree required or equivalent work experience
Knowledge and Skills Required (external candidates)
Ability to understand the customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and to design a virtualized solution that completely and correctly addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity.
- Demonstrated skills and customer IT consulting experience in the US federal Government or State and Local market place
- Ability to lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of large enterprise or global solutions that span multiple technologies and disciplines.
- Be able to provide architectural direction for multiple medium to large sized projects concurrently in various stages of their lifecycle or a large project full time.
- Can validate/evaluate if an information systems or operational architecture meets business needs
- Be able to evaluate the effect of external factors on designed solution
- Relates risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution with other client efforts or projects (use of internal knowledge of organization; trusted advisor relationship).
- Develops Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into complete information systems (technologies, processes and people) or operational solutions.
- Ability to apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers.
- Broad IT industry knowledge with depth in multiple areas, Cloud Computing, servers, storage, networks and operations.
- Has pulse on future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business directions ("trusted advisor" role).
- Broad knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices and how to apply the appropriately in solutions
- Ability to write Statements of Work for large enterprise or global level solutions that span multiple technologies or operational areas.
- Ability to apply program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure the accomplishment of targeted goals for large enterprise or global level projects.
- Successfully works on project teams (individual success defined by how the organization works as a team, including resource and skill sharing across the organization).
- In depth knowledge of virtualization technologies including VMware ESX 3.x and 4.x, Microsoft's HyperV, Virtual Iron and other virtualization technologies.
- In depth knowledge of VMware Capacity Planner, and other discovery/modeling tools and techniques at it relates to proposing a virtualized environment.
- Knowledge of security tools and products (e.g. MacAfee, Sygate, Active Directory)
- Good understanding of Wintel architecture and exposure to Virtualization (e.g. VMWare)
- In depth knowledge of migration of performing physical to physical, physical to virtual, virtual to physical, virtual to virtual cross technologies as well as physical to image and image to virtual using native tools and third party such as the Platespin suite.
Experience with the architecting and designing of Windows desktop infrastructure projects
Implementation experience with or leading large multi location projects
Broad understanding of networking, system management, Linux and Windows operating systems in the Government market
Excellent Communication skills (written and verbal) to all management levels within customer organization
experience with application packaging for the desktop
Experience with the architecting and designing of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure projects
Knowledge and implementation experience of one or more of Citrix XenDesktop, VMware View, and Quest VDI products
Knowledge and implementation experience with one or more of VMware ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, and Quest Virtualization Solutions
Knowledge and experience with the Lakeside Software and AppSense software tools
Microsoft, VMware, Citrix certifications a plus
Solid project management skills/experience
- Able to play a leadership role in business development activities for large, complex opportunities as solution architect
- Play key role in preparing proposals and bids for large, complex opportunities
- Build rapport and trust with client
- Demonstrates excellent consultative, solution selling skills. Leadership
- Makes consistent and ongoing high quality contributions HP knowledge management systems
- Excellent customer influence and negotiation skills.
- Ability to strategically consider all sides of an issue within the contexts of time, breadth, and range of options.
- Ability to systematically gather, assess and apply critical organizational, technical, operational, and sales/marketing information for business decisions.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing and presentation skills, listening actively, and projecting a credible image.
- Ability to articulate technical or operational problems into understandable business terms appropriate for the audience.
- Able to design and present high-impact messages to customer's Executive level management.
- Able to use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex messages to multiple audience levels, including Executive level management
- Ability to use prepared and create complete original materials to communicate with the customer. Communicates mostly strategic and some Tactical information.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills with proven capability to represent HP at external customer and industry events
Yes, 25 % of the Time
HP - 19 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...