MAP Digital: MetaMeetingsTM is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer with excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate with clients in designing robust IT solutions for their event marketing needs. We design and setup networks and systems at our clients' events and conferences across the country and around the world. We are primarily a Linux based shop (Debian/Ubuntu) with users/clients operating in a Windows desktop environment. The candidate should have significant troubleshooting/user support experience and be comfortable explaining technical information to non-technical clients. Above all, we seek a dynamic problem solver who designs and implements customized and creative solutions for our clients. On a day to day basis, our Systems Engineer is responsible for our data centers and servers along with collaborating with our programming team to ensure integrated development.
- 4+ years experience with Windows Desktop/Server and Linux(Ubuntu) Engineering and Support.
- Strong experience working in a LAMP environment.
- Some basic experience with Cisco networking devices.
- Fundamental understanding of Internet services and protocols including DNS, TCP/IP, VPN, SMTP, IMAP, etc.
- You must be able to explain how services/protocols work according to RFC standards, if you can’t then please don’t apply.
- Strong experience with design and architecture of systems.
- Strong experience with designing and implementing backups and disaster recovery plans.
- Strong written and verbal communication skill.
- Ability to collaborate with other teams.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects, such as servers/printers/routers, and move them 10 feet.
- Must be able to travel via airplane due to the nature of our client’s live event needs.
MAP Digital: Metameetings - 19 months ago