The role of the Health Information Management Specialist (HIM) II is integral to providing "Extraordinary Care" to patients and customers. The HIM is responsible for performing tasks that support complete, accurate and timely health information for use by patients, healthcare providers, management and government/regulatory agencies. The HIM Specialist is responsible for many challenging responsibilities including: the assembly of discharged patient charts, clerical responsibilities such as loose filing, reception support and also helping to gather charts from floors.
The HIM has the opportunity to work with many varied internal and external business partners including: physicians, nurses, various hospital staff, patients, healthcare providers, and government agencies.
Completing these duties provides the HIM Specialist the opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of many on a daily basis.
Entry Rate: $11.54
Benefits Eligible: No
Shift Details: Position will work every other Saturday from 3:30 PM to 9:30 PM and every Sunday from 3:30 PM to 9:30 PM.
Department: Health Information Management - McKay-Dee Hospital
- One year of HIM experience.
- Proficiency in the following areas of retrieval, filing, preparing, assembly, purging, scanning and indexing of single documents.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate orally and in writing, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions, and function as part of a team.
- Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking
- Experience interacting with clinical staff in conveying procedures, policies, and protocol
- Previous hospital experience working with medical charts
- Formal HIM training from an AHIMA accredited program.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 18 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...