The Pre-Apprenticeship is designed to give employees with minimal automotive mechanical experience an opportunity to become an Apprentice in our Program. It also gives employees the experience to ensure the trade they are pursuing.
Garage Helper: Pursuing an Auto Mechanic Apprenticeship, Garage Helpers assist Journeyman with working on vehicles in the shop. They also do minor work (tire change out, oil change, etc) and general shop clean-up.
Testing Information & Contact
- Must be a Full time / Regular Employee of APS / IBEW Local 387. In the absence of a regular employee, a supplemental or external applicant may qualify for the position.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited school.
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class "A" license or permit.
- Must be enrolled or completed (Grade 'C' or above) coursework within the AUTOMOTIVE CURRICULUM from an accredited college, vocational technical school, vehicle manufacturer training, or one year suitable work experience in an Automotive / Truck Repair Facility Industry (documented).
- Work experience will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Must be physically qualified for the work of the trade and display aptitude, attitude and adaptability necessary for the trade.
- Must successfully pass a written aptitude test (Construction Administration and Skilled Trades - CAST)
- Applicants must pass a written aptitude test, oral interview and physical field evaluation.
- May be subject to shift work.
- Must live reasonable distance from headquarters.
- Reasonable and necessary overtime is required.
Tests are only administered to referred candidates. More information about our tests and the testing process is available through www.pinnaclewest.com/careers and then clicking on the link for "Pre-employment Testing".
E-mail will be the method of contact with job applicants for test scheduling. Please be sure to check your e-mail regularly so that you receive scheduling notifications for testing and updated job information.
- A written [paper and pencil] test will be administered. (CAST Test)
- A hands-on skills test will be administered.
One or more positions available for this posting.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to on-line application, you must submit copies of required documentation by Tuesday, March 6th, 2012:
APS STAFFING DEPARTMENT
ATTN: Mary Anne Smotzer
PO BOX 53999 - MS 8012
PHOENIX, AZ 85072-3999
1. Copy of High School Diploma or its equivalent.
2. Copy of CDL or CDL Class "A" permit
3. Official school transcripts for college courses.
NOTE: Application will be rejected if all required documentation is not received by
- If you have PREVIOUSLY APPLIED: You will need to re-submit all required documents. To receive credit for any classes or training, you must provide all documentation with the application.
March 6th, 2012.
Arizona Public Service - 2 years ago