The Salvation Army
Golden State Division
San Francisco Harbor Light Center
SUPERVISOR: Harbor House Childcare Center
STATUS: Full-Time/Non-Exempt (Hourly)
(40hrs./week) Monday - Friday
The Salvation Army Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love for God. Its mission is to preach
the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Teacher is responsible to the Site Supervisor in providing a safe, stimulating and creative environment for children in the Childcare Center while working as a cohesive team member with the other Teachers and Teacher Assistants.
1. Works with children to provide a safe, stimulating and creative environment for 0-5 years old.
2. Takes responsibility for childrens individual classroom records, diapering, meal counts, meal requirements.
3. Attends parents and staff meetings.
4. Supervises children during free play, during structured activities, during mealtime and naptime.
5. Plans and develops an individualized weekly curriculum for children in assigned classroom.
6. Implements daily planned activities for children that are appropriate for their age level.
7. Assists with the compiling and maintenance of childrens portfolios.
8. Plans regular field trip and special outside activities for the children based on current curriculum.
9. Cleans and organizes the room and storage areas as needed and necessary.
10. Perform other duties as assigned and necessary, along with rotating between classrooms when required and designated to do so by the Site Supervisor.
• 12 units in ECE, more desired.
• Infant/Toddler Teacher certification required.
• Previous experience working with children in a school setting.
• Ability to pass a comprehensive background check. Transferable fingerprint clearance on file with Community Care Licensing preferred.
• Ability to work as part of a team in a variety of classroom situations.
• Ability to verbally communicate with childcare families and co-workers.
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis
• Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead
• Ability to operate telephone
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. (usually file boxes)
- 17 months ago - save job
Battling to provide social services, The Salvation Army is more than 4 million strong -- including some 3.4 million registered volunteers....