This MS SQL Server DBA role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking to fill a need to have a highly competent and highly motivated individual to support globally dispersed clients in multiple verticals. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g.: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and collaborate with responsible parties to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
BS and 8-10 years of experience or equivalent relevant work experience
We are looking for a person that has:
· Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
· Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
· Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
· Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
· Experience in managing internal and external database security
· Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options
· Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
· Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
· Experience working with Windows or Linux servers
· Good communication and documentation skills.
Preferred candidates would also meet the following criteria:
· Involvement with the DBA Community, active in forums or newsgroups.
· Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCITP, MVP, Oracle, MySQL
· Previous experience in either a teaching or volunteer role.
An Alaska Native Corporation, Chenega Corporation has gone from landowner to business titan. Founded in 1974 to represent the Chenega people...