Kaplan College in Dayton is currently searching for a dynamic Trades Program Chair over the Electrical Technician and HVAC program.
The Program Chair will supervise full and part time faculty in the Electrical Technician and HVAC programs and ensure faculty involvement in providing course feedback and participation in professional development and in-service activities. Additionally, the Chair will work with the Course Designers in curriculum review and updates.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for setting and enforcing the quality of programs set forth by the strategic plan
- Take the lead role in development, evaluation and revision of program curriculum/courses/content. Metrics will be section course material cost, results from student end of term surveys and faculty surveys, and benchmarks established in strategic plan
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data targeting program goals and monitor progress to meet or exceed desired results within the program
- Contribute to the overall success of the school as a whole. Assessment will include positive working relationships with peers and external departments, e.g. Admissions Team, and a track record of timely completion of tasks and communication with faculty and students
- Responsible for setting and enforcing the quality of faculty set forth by the strategic plan
- Participate in and make recommendations to the Director of Education as appropriate, related to hiring, evaluation, and retention of faculty in discipline courses
- Metrics include student end of term survey results, GPA distribution in sections and courses, and faculty response rates
- Direct monthly meetings of faculty and communicate issues to the Director of Education as needed
- Coordinate and facilitate new faculty training and new student orientations
- Supervise and evaluate faculty within program to ensure compliance of the classroom standards per faculty roles and responsibilities checklist and ensure faculty are continuously accessible and accountable to students. Metrics will be faculty compliance with or deviance from those standards and student retention.
- Forecast and schedule active and reserve classes and assign faculty
- Maintain yearly updated records of faculty assignments, credentials, and necessary contact information
- Monitor and evaluate quality of chats and discussion board postings and provide backup support;
- Prepare a proposal for approval of the Director of Education if recommending that any full or part-time faculty replace a course load with other responsibilities, e.g. course design, course revisions, administrative duties, grant work
- Participate in student retention activities such as coordinating departmental student academic advising.
- Teaching and tutoring of students
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned
- Minimum three years experience in the field
- High school diploma minimum; college degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently with light supervision
- Ability to successfully pass background check
Kaplan, Inc., a subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company, is a premier provider of educational services for individuals, schools, and...