ForrestPerkins is a design firm specializing in luxury hospitality and multifamily interior design and architecture. With offices in San Francisco, Dalls, and Washington, D.C., our interior designers, architects, product and lighting designers work with leading global luxury brands and individuals to create luxurious places that resonate with guests and residents.
- The senior interior designer has overall responsibility for design quality for the project. This person has the ability and responsibility to conceptualize the project as a whole, sets the initial design direction for the project, along with the Principal in Charge and makes critical aesthetic decisions throughout the project while integrating input from client representation.
- Bachelors degree from a 4 year CIDA accredited Interior Design program or equivalent
- Minimum 8-10 years experience in hospitality and/or multi-family design
- NCIDQ certification
- MS Office
- Possesses excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
- Experience in project scheduling, scope of work, budgeting, and fee proposals
- Experience in hospitality and/or multi-family design
- Conceptual design execution and management
- Knowledge of building codes and the ADA
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Strong design leadership skills
- Ability to motivate and supervise the work of others
- Strong space planning and hand sketching skills
Interested candidates please submit resume or portfolio to Elizabeth Dillon at email@example.com
- Responsible for the design quality for the project.
- Ability and responsibility to conceptualize the project as a whole, sets the initial design direction for the project, along with the Principal in Charge, and makes critical aesthetic decisions throughout the project
- Finalizes FF&E design based on project criteria, budget, and program.
- Prime interface with the client with regard to design issues, leads presentations and the like.
- Responsible to communicate in a complete and timely manner, all client comments or directives and insure that they are reflected in the design and documentation.
- Communicates directly with the project architect and project interior designer as relates to design issues, and through the project manager as relates to management issues.
- Communicates directly with the principal in charge with regard to client directives and major design issues and conducts internal design reviews during the design process, prior to presentation to the client.
- Reviews and understands with professional proficiency detailed construction finish schedules, floor plans, FF&E specifications, materials and finishes to determine compliance in quality, design, and codes
- Direct and review furniture installation plans and shop drawings for content and accuracy and insure that they are fully coordinated with all pertinent consultant drawings
- Develop FF&E specifications for documentation, review and approve FF&E purchase orders, coordinate FF&E installation with all parties involved, and maintain budget for all phases of the project interiors
- Communicate with clients, consultants, and team members in a timely manner. Ability to interact with and adapt to the unique needs of clients and coworkers
- Able to be a creative, proactive problem solver. The ability to manage a client’s understanding and expectation of the scope of work/services is imperative
- Team-oriented, self motivated, and flexible
- High level of passion for detail and excellent execution
- Assist in writing fee proposals and calculating hourly budgets for projects
- Ability to prepare accurate timelines, task lists, and project schedules
- Manage the work of the intermediate, junior, and intern designers on the project
- Lead quality control reviews for projects to confirm its meeting ForrestPerkins and client standards
- Identify additional service opportunities and present them to the project manager
- Help establish staffing and project plan needs and coordinate with the project manager
- Closely coordinate with consultants and the client
- Maintain relationships with existing clients and nurture with potential clients
Archinect.com - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard