Mat-Su Regional Medical Center, a 74-bed facility, is located in Palmer, Alaska, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. The hospital provides general medical and surgical care for inpatient, outpatient and emergency room patients, and services include Acute Care Admission, Cardiology, Dietary, Emergency Room, Skilled Nursing Care, Laboratory and Radiology.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the hospital's day-to-day activities, including revenue and sales growth; expense, cost, and margin-control; and monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goal management.
The responsibilities of the COO include, but are not limited to:
This position reports directly to the CEO and in the absence of the CEO, the COO may be required to interpret hospital policy and provide guidance.
- Overseeing day to day operations of all departments in the hospital with the exception of Nursing.
- Coordinating facility and program planning budget preparation, administering hospital policy formulation
- Representing the hospital at various professional, civic and governmental organizations and meetings.
- Partnering with physicians who use, or will use, the hospital; taking a role in the recruiting and retention of physicians
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer to ensure the hospital meets necessary regulatory and compliance approvals and quality accreditations in conjunction with the hospital's Chief Nursing Officer
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer to create an environment that will encourage the recruiting and retention of qualified hospital employees
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities
- Assisting in planning of new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue
- Assisting in managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs in conjunction with the hospital's financial and nursing officers
- Participating in the hospital's monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office meetings as deemed necessary
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited institution
- Master of Healthcare Administration or MBA with Healthcare emphasis required.
- Minimum 4 years recent hospital experience managing multiple departments in acute care facility.
- Experience in physician relations or recruitment required.
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communication skills
- Must have proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, hospital staff and community
- Ability to maintain confidential information concerning personal, financial, or medical matters
- Must have knowledge of technical and professional skills management, general principles of human resource management, labor relations and hospital economics
AK-Palmer (Anchorage region)
Eastern New Mexico Medical Center
Forecasted paid hours per shift
Forecasted hours per pay week
Community Health Systems - 9 months ago