Assistant General Manager Job Summary:
This is your opportunity to “Work on the bright side ® ”! Wouldn’t it be great to work for a company that you couldn’t wait to get to every morning? La Quinta Inns & Suites ® , a leader in the hospitality industry, is seeking a dynamic, self-starting individual to be an Assistant General Manager. This position offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting the General Manager with the daily operations of the hotel to maintain standards for guest satisfaction, employee satisfaction, quality assurance and asset protection while managing costs within budget. Financial management skills are critical to the success of each of our managers in order to meet goals established for operational expenses and labor cost. Our Assistant General Managers are involved in building, training and mentoring a team of employees who strive to be the bright spot in each of our customer’s day. Other key duties include:
- Ensure guest rooms are spotlessly clean
- Ensure the physical condition of the hotel is well maintained
- Assist with safety and security training programs
- In the event a guest complaint is received, assist the General Manager with the response
Minimum Experience, Education, Skill & Physical Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or Business is a plus. Equivalent experience is acceptable. High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have experience in a leadership role and managing a team.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be available to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing and spreadsheets. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Access.
- Must have strong analytical skills and decision-making ability.
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task, prioritizing as appropriate.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
La Quinta Inns & Suites - 13 months ago
La Quinta...Spanish for "Next to Denny's?" LQ Management is owner of the La Quinta (which is Spanish for the villa)...