At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell International is a $36 billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 125,000 employees in 120 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of innovation and achievement.
Environmental Combustion and Controls (ECC) is a $2.7 billion strategic business unit (SBU) providing integrated product solutions in heating and heating processes, ventilation, cooling and refrigeration, air purification, zoning, humidification, air conditioning, water controls and processes, electrical devices and systems, lighting control, switches, sensors and controllers. Our technologies are found in more than 150 million homes, 10 million buildings, and a multitude of manufacturing plants around the world. Customers include original equipment manufacturers, commercial, homeowners, contractors, retail, trade building managers, consulting engineers and distributors.
We are currently seeking a Storekeeper in our Muncie, IN facility. This is a second shift position.
The Storekeeper performs duties to receive, verify, document, store and issue a large variety of materials, component parts and stock assemblies maintaining an accurate inventory following prescribed practices.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work from packing slips, machine cards, vendor work orders, assembly work orders, factory orders, computer lists and instructions.
• Receive and verify amounts of incoming shipments of finished materials and assemblies from Receiving, Quality Control and other areas.
• Report shortages, damaged material and other inaccuracies to the proper department for follow up.
• Review information in the computer terminal to determine the storage location and amount of identical material or components previously received.
• Document and enter required information such as part number and quantity to be stored into the computer terminal.
• Locate, assign and place the received material in the proper storage bin locations or other storage location for large bulky materials ensuring that the materials are piled or stacked in a safe and secure manner.
• Use special care when handling parts and components.
• Enter stored material into the computer terminal updating the quantities and storage locations.
• Perform additional manual documentation as required.
• Review machine cards, vendor work orders, assembly work orders and factory orders for component requests.
• Select requested components by referencing part numbers for component locations and available quantities.
• Remove and place the requested components for bills of material into moveable containers and deliver to the designated staging area.
• Responsible for initiating action to replenish certain items.
• Report bill of material conflicts and questions to Engineering and follow-up on problems until resolved.
• Make necessary adjustments in the inventory count in the computer terminal.
• Verify and post inventory transactions from the alternative shifts.
• Working from computer generated lists, perform duties to maintain inventory accuracy by physically counting designated items and verifying the physical count against the count provided.
• Acknowledge the physical count by entering it into the computer terminal.
• Notify the Supervisor of inaccurate counts.
• Assist in resolving problems on inaccurate counts.
• Report inventory status to proper departments regarding planned bill of material changes and special monitoring requests.
• Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
• Perform other related duties assigned.
• Use electric forklift truck.
• Electrical overhead hoist.
• Computer terminal.
• Electrical and manual weigh scales.
• High School Diploma/GED.
• 3 years manufacturing experience.
• Warehouse experience.
• JDE experience.
• Ability to lift up to 55 pounds.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...