Provide administrative and clerical support to Payroll and Benefits Department. Serve as a resource person to employees regarding payroll and benefit questions and needs.
1. Maintain employee data in Human Resource Management System (new hires, terminations, qualifying events).
2. Process all benefit and payroll paperwork for Nelnet associates including new hire paperwork, status changes, benefit election forms, termination paperwork, and other.
3. Balance contributions files for Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts to payroll register and report contributions to carriers.
4. Administer COBRA eligibility and report COBRA elections to carriers.
5. Process 3rd party payables for payroll.
6. Send out new hire benefit packets.
7. Maintain garnishment and wage attachments.
8. Audit HRMS and vendor reports.
9. Respond to associate questions regarding payroll, benefits, and leave of absence plans.
10. Cross audit other Payroll & Benefit Specialist work.
11. Process Education Assistance Request forms.
12. Process paid leaves.
13. Lead payroll, benefits, and wellness webinars.
14. Assist with annual open enrollment for benefits and year end payroll processing as assigned.
15. Scanning of personnel files.
High School diploma or equivalent required, and a 2-year college degree in a business-related field preferred.
At least one year administrative experience in Payroll and/or Benefits. Three years of work experience may be substituted for degree. Previous experience with HRMS systems desired.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Moderate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, ability to navigate Internet and Intranet.
2. Ability to appropriately work with confidential materials.
3. Must have excellent customer service skills.
4. Must be able to effectively communicate in writing, on the phone, and in person.
5. Must be able to work effectively with diverse personalities and maintain professionalism when working with employees and vendors.
6. Must be organized.
7. Must be able to effectively work on multiple projects at the same time with strict deadlines.
8. Must be able to work with a sense of urgency
9. Analytical Skills
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Nelnet - 21 months ago