Responsible for managing production operations and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervision of production operations, personnel, and safety for a specific area/lines.
- Responsible for implementing the production plan.
- Responsible for resolving maintenance issues.
- Directly supervise, train, and evaluate employees.
- Communication and coordinate activities with other shift supervisory staff and Operations Manager ensuring smooth production work transitions.
- Actively monitor document and work to improve production issues facility wide.
- Assist with audits as needed.
- Make proactive recommendations and offer solutions to the Production System Manager to improve output and efficiencies.
- Responsible for manufacturing, distributing and consistently maintaining safe and quality food by following good manufacturing practices, allergen controls, food defense, HACCP and SQF requirements.
- Responsible for immediately reporting all food safety and quality issues to your manager.
- Responsible for partnering with others; Sharing knowledge, skills and information within your team and across functional areas.
- Responsible for enhancing technical and functional competencies, as well as professional and leadership development.
- Additional responsibilities as necessary.
Five plus years experience in a food manufacturing environment. Bachelor of Arts/Science in a related business field preferred.
Job Specific Requirements:
In the event that the Production Supervisor is absent, the Department Manager is responsible for providing an equally qualified person to cover this position.
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. is engaged in processing and marketing of tree nuts and peanuts in the United States. These nuts are sold...