BASIC FUNCTION: The Director of Catering and Conference Services is an experienced planning professional who possesses excellent sales and managerial skills. The Director must also possess inherent good taste and superior creative abilities to set standards in the special events field. The Director must display the ability to invent unique theme concept designs, breaking new ground to ensure maximum client satisfaction. The Director must be thoroughly familiar with the Resort philosophies as they apply to the entire facility and suggest alternatives to these practices to establish the Resort as a forerunner in the hospitality industry. The Director works closely with the operating departments to develop service standards ensuring maximum quality is offered to the clients of the Resort.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
College degree or equivalent experience/training.
Two years experience in interior and floral design and application, catering and menu selection.
Ability to accomplish necessary tasks on a computer.
Ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
1. Following the direction of the General Manager with regard to Catering and Conference Services functions.
2. Maintaining a review of sales levels to maximize revenues and assist in reaching budgeted goals.
3. Developing a storehouse of information on current trends and innovations in the special events field.
4. Overseeing room designs, and in some instances being available during the installation and set up of decorations, etc.
5. Overall responsibility for Resort sponsored events including design concept, arrangements and coordination, installation of decor, room set up, and entertainment.
6. Coordinating all off property catering activities, including: meeting with the client, coordination of the arrangements and overseeing delivery and set up, etc.
7. Handling VIP treatments, including fine detailed arrangements, gifts and special amenities.
8. Developing Departmental procedures and delegating responsibilities to employees of the Department.
9. Personnel procedures, including the following: interviewing, hiring, training, disciplining, terminating, transferring, handling transfers, employee performance reviews, promotions, increases and demotions within the Department.
10. Adhere to the policies of the Resort as set forth in the Employee Handbook and report any observed violations to Human Resources.
11. Maintain the highest level of employee/ guest relations.
12. Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.
Benchmark Hospitality International - 21 months ago