We are currently seeking a Furnace Operations Engineer to join our Global Engineering & Manufacturing team at our world headquarters in Perrysburg, Ohio.
This position is responsible and accountable for leading or being an active participant on the key multidisciplinary PMO Project s as well as individual discipline projects in the Global Manufacturing and Engineering organization. This will include Engineering, Automation, Operation, and Innovation type projects. Additionally, this position is responsible for providing furnace operational support on specific opportunities for the application of new technologies, innovation, global process, design improvements, and technical support. This position is also responsible for leveraging their expertise to support the Corporate and Regional Manufacturing & Engineering groups as well as Licensees on difficult technical issues.
(All other duties as assigned)
SCOPE AND IMPACT:
- Follow a formal project management process while participating on Global Engineering & Manufacturing projects that are aligned to the company’s strategic objectives
- Use relevant LSS tools for completion of discipline specific projects
- Participate in R&D/TDSE projects where applicable, including standards meetings
- Participate and support low cost design developments, improvements or opportunities
- Disseminate successful implementation of projects and improvements
- Research and identify potential new technologies, improvement, and cost reduction opportunities
- Participate in workshops and meetings to support the development of the region’s functional leaders, focusing on consistent technical skills that meet the manufacturing process requirements
- Basic networking, maintaining basic interaction to foster best practice and learning’s sharing
- SME support for highly complex technical issues, performing remote and/or field technical assistance activities, providing technical reports and/or trip reports as needed within the Furnace Operation Discipline
- Provide major project support as a way to develop talent and support extremely uncommon peaks of activity
- Lead engineering work related to new equipment installations, major repairs and/or upgrades to licensee plants. Support on-site activities as required, attending project meetings, reporting on project status and issues, maintaining communication with contractors to effectively execute project tasks.
- Participate in discipline technical reviews of global CapEx projects, where applicable
- Participate in discipline team meetings related to global standards
- Assist in project documentation and deliverables (ex. Procedures, Standards, and Best Practices) are produced and stored in a controlled repository
- Ensure all project output data is comprehensive, accurate and available to incorporate into the Global Engineering & Manufacturing Advancement portfolio and governance processes
- Participate in regional engineering and manufacturing activities and research operational/technical advancement opportunities for our manufacturing organizations
The Global Engineering & Manufacturing Advancement Furnace Operations Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support, engineering solutions and technical specifications as part of the Global Manufacturing & Engineering projects. They will be working independently and as part of larger teams. Projects will include engineering, operation, automation, quality, EH&S and others and will support the business initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
o 8 - FMU skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Chemical or Ceramic Engineering or Materials Science or equivalent business experience
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in plant/industry related jobs
- English language - Advanced
- Experience in LSS, preferably green belt certification
- Experience in Project Management
- MS Office – advanced skills
- Salary grade based on experience and skills
o 9 - Plant Engineering skill and abilities
o 10 - Plant Superintendent skills and abilities
- Must be authorized to work in the country in which you are applying for a position. O-I will not fund or manage the process of obtaining any required work authorization.
This position reports to the Furnace Operations Discipline Leader
This position will have no direct reports:
Up to 20 - 40% domestic and international travel.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Owens-Illinois, Inc. (NYSE: OI) is the world’s largest glass container manufacturer and preferred partner for many of the world’s leading food and beverage brands. With revenues of $7.4 billion in 2011, the company is headquartered in Perrysburg, Ohio, USA, and employs more than 24,000 people at 81 plants in 21 countries. O-I delivers safe, effective and sustainable glass packaging solutions to a growing global marketplace. For more information, visit www.o-i.com.
Owens-Illinois - 2 years ago
Owens-Illinois (O-I) is involved in more toasts than party-goers on New Year's Eve. The world's largest maker of glass containers,...