Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies, employing approximately 90,000 people and operating in more than 80 countries and territories. In the United States, Shell has operations in 50 states and employs about 20,000 people. Shell has also been named a Top 100 IDEAL Employer. Shell is a leading oil and gas producer in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, a recognized pioneer in oil and gas exploration and production technology and one of America’s leading oil and natural gas producers, gasoline and natural gas marketers and petrochemical manufacturers.
Maintenance Engineer functions as a member of the Maintenance Team. This individual will provide leadership to the site maintenance organization in order to enable safe, efficient, quality, and cost effective equipment maintenance.
- Lead Continuous Improvement / lean / waste elimination initiatives designed to improve overall execution of the maintenance work process, from scoping through planning, scheduling, field execution, and closure.
- Act as focal point within Infrastructure for Management of Change activities to support continuous improvement of maintenance field activities. This may include hot taps, line freezes and other non routine work. In this role, Maintenance Engineer may also participate in and represent Maintenance Organization during PSSRs.
- Lead the design and implementation of maintenance-specific low complexity projects to address safety, reliability, cost savings, and other improvements. This scope will include requesting new equipment numbers, ensuring required calculations are completed, and equipment documentation is complete (folder, functional location in SAP, etc).
- Function as a representative of Maintenance within the Causal Leaning process, periodically leading Level II investigations. Will periodically lead or participate in 5 Why / Non-Conformance Reporting Investigations, as well as mentoring maintenance staff in NCR process and causal learning methodologies.
- Monitor the existing controls in place (scheduling, cost estimating, cost tracking, Latest Estimate (LE) generation, etc) to identify weakness / gaps and drive improvements to strengthen control.
- Serve as a resource for data mining for the compilation of Maintenance scorecards and Management oversight tools (weekly, monthly Site and Global metrics).
- Analysis of performance measures used to drive improvement.
- Accountable for a review of work scopes, line item estimates, Authority for Expenditure (AFE) submittals and cost tracking.
- Mentorship role for staff in cost tracking and schedule improvement.
- Operate as a member of a Site organization with broad responsibilities across maintenance in its support to the site.
- Deliver Results Through Others – change management initiatives and leadership skills necessary to drive performance improvements through informal leadership skills.
- Influence above and throughout the organization – able to effectively communicate throughout the organization, translating strategies into operational tactics.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in the Petrochemical industry.
- Proven experience in maintenance.
- Proven experience leading and facilitating process improvement initiatives from concept development through implementation.
- Demonstrated experience leading management of change (MOC) activities preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading project management preferred.
- Proven experience with Risk management and strategies and tools for managing risk preferred.
- Proficient in SAP and external scheduling tools preferred.
Wednesday 01 May 2013
Number of Vacancies
In addition to the tasks outlined in this job description, you may be assigned other responsibilities as needed. The Royal Dutch/Shell Group of companies offers an outstanding benefits package. In order to be considered for this position, you must complete an online candidate profile. No phone inquiries will be accepted. Shell Companies in the U.S. are equal opportunity employers.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our
policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shell - 14 months ago
Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, and...