Job Summary : Under the direction of the Supervisor of Central Scheduling, the Scheduler ensures timely, accurate, and complete scheduling of inpatient and outpatient procedures. Accurately identifies patient in Master Patient Index system and correctly assigns medical record number. Creates a positive impression and maintains good customer service principles for each patient, physician, physician office staff, technologist, nurse and staff while scheduling all procedures. Demonstrates a working knowledge of all procedures being scheduled, and of insurance requirements relative to procedure being scheduled. Performs all duties in a manner which promotes the team concept and reflects the goals, values, mission and philosophy of Saint Francis Health System.
Education : High school diploma
Licensure, Registration and/or Certification : none
Work Experience : 1-2 years
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Excellent communication, telephone, customer relations and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of hospital diagnostic departments
- Working understanding of insurance plans
- Must successfully complete pre-employment keyboard test
- Medical terminology required
- Working knowledge of basic business office equipment
- Ability to perform telephone activities concurrent with computer activities
Saint Francis Health System - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1960 by Natalie and William K. Warren, Sr., Saint Francis Health System is a not-for-profit leading healthcare provider for...