ATCOTS: Certified Instructor II
RTSC’s Training Organization is currently seeking a
, on-site senior Air Traffic Control (ATC) training instructor. This position is in support of the
FAA Air Traffic Control Optimum Training Solution (ATCOTS) program
. Personnel selected will function in a position titled
Certified Instructor II
(Y90) Yankee TRACON and ( BDL) Bradley International ATCT.
This hands-on position will require the candidate to effectively and consistently deliver the highest quality classroom and lab based training to a wide variety of students including developmental air traffic controllers and certified professional controllers (CPC). The successful candidate will have demonstrated excellent teaching/platform skills and classroom management techniques, a student focused drive for continuous improvement and strong technical skills with current ATC automation, simulation systems and procedures. In addition, this more senior position will provide mentoring for students and other instructors as well as curriculum design and development expertise.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Instructor II must have a minimum of five (5) years recent experience working as a Certified Professional Controller in an air traffic control facility (e.g., Air Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC), Airport Traffic Control Tower (ATCT), Terminal Radar Approach Control (TRACON), within the ATC option for which application is made. Terminal experience must have been at a like-type facility.
* Candidates must have FAA Air Traffic Control training and experience.
* Prior (or current) certification as an Air Traffic Controller is required.
* Instructor experience, both in the classroom and simulation laboratory (procedural and radar), is required.
* Prior (or current) On-the-Job Training Instructor (OJTI) certification coupled with at least 3+ years experience in that role is required.
* Candidates must be knowledgeable about current practices in Air Traffic Control and the current state of the NAS.
* ATC “Area Knowledge” and experience at the specific local facility level is required.
* Able to interface effectively with FAA personnel at all levels to insure the training delivered at the local level is responsive to local needs, is comprehensive and of consistent high quality.
* Instructor II trainees must have the knowledge and skills for each laboratory (radar, non-radar, etc.) they will teach. * Instructor II trainees must complete a written knowledge test developed by the FAA for each position/sector to be taught. Each sector knowledge test will be graded by the Facility Technical Liaison or FAA designee and must be passed with a score of at least 70%.
* Instructor trainees must complete a minimum of five (5) but no more than twenty (20) simulation scenarios for each position/sector to be taught.
* Instructor trainees must observe at least ten (10) hours of developmental air traffic laboratory instruction conducted by certified instructors.
* Instructor trainees must conduct a minimum of three (3) hours of non-radar instruction, and a minimum of three (3) hours of radar/radar associate laboratory instruction, under the observation of a certified instructor.
A Bachelors degree, or the equivalent additional experience and training in FAA Air Traffic Control Operations is required.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Operational experience with ATC simulators including scenario design and pseudo/remote pilot operations for one or more of the following systems is a plus: DYSIM, ERTSS, ETG, ATCoach, TSS.
* Curriculum design and development experience is desired. With the Contract site Supervisor, able to continuously evaluate classroom and simulator training and receive and apply feedback as required.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Dulles, VA, Raytheon Technical Services Company LLC provides a full spectrum of technical, scientific and professional services to its defense, federal, international, and commercial customers worldwide. It specializes in training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the Mission Support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counterproliferation and counterterrorism markets. Technical Services (TS) operates on all seven continents and its customers include all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, NASA, the Federal Aviation Administration, the U.S. National Science Foundation, Department of Energy, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, the Transportation Security Administration, and other agencies of the Department of Homeland Security, as well as international governments. With a total annual sales in 2009 of $3.2 billion, and 9,500 employees, TS manages some of the world's largest government and commercial training contracts including the Warfighter Field Operations Customer Support program, the Air Traffic Control Optimum Training Solution program and technician and sales person training for an automotive manufacturer. We are also a member of the Metrix Consortium for the U.K. Ministry of Defence's 30-year Defence Training Review program. TS is one of the United States' premier operators of Department of Defense (DoD) ranges. Our achievements include the largest and most successful full-facility military privatization project in U.S. history, logistics and technical support for U.S. government demilitarization activities in the former Soviet Union, and science support services to the National Science Foundation on the continent of Antarctica. TS supports training for every U.S. Army soldier, NASA astronaut, U.S. air traffic controller, and every technician and sales person with a major U.S. automotive manufacturer; supports human space flight training and mission operations; installs and certifies Federal Aviation Administration and DoD terminal radars and automation systems at airports and airfields throughout the United States; and, provides logistics support to more than 80 percent of major Raytheon programs.
Raytheon - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...