This position is responsible for the coordination of department and division activities during the product development process and management of assigned departmental personnel. This position typically manages one to three programs within a major product
The ideal candidate must be able to work in a team oriented, fast paced environment. Bard Access Systems is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
1. Performs supervisory responsibilities for direct reports, including but not limited to performance reviews, recommending salaries and promotions, training, interviewing and hiring decisions, and disciplinary actions.
2. Identifies development needs and potentials of employees, and provides or recommends project assignments and training to increase expertise to meet current or future division needs.
3. Provides technical support and feedback for direct reports.
4. Participates as team leader or as an active member of the team to meet company objectives and assure department responsibilities are completed.
5. Coordinates with team members, internal and external suppliers and outside professionals to assure project output meet users' needs as well as all applicable regulatory requirements.
6. Actively participates in training and providing input to training of employees on division procedures and policies.
7. Reviews and analyzes costs in order to identify and implement cost improvements.
8. Creates, tracks, and meets project schedules, plans and budgets.
9. Provides input, feedback, and maintenance for department and division procedures and policies.
10. Assesses priorities and makes assignments to direct reports to assure project and company priorities are met.
11. Coordinates and/or directs all aspects of product development activity related to a product line.
12. Coordinates product development activities of R&D/Product Development teams, including integration of RA, QA/QE, ME, Operations, Marketing, Sales and Packaging Engineering for a product line business unit.
13. Complies with company procedures and policies, government regulations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Ability to concurrently handle a variety of projects and coordinate the efforts of direct reports and cross-functional teams.
2. Ability to work with in-house and outside support groups.
3. Ability to independently work with outside medical and technical professionals.
4. Strong skills in communicating with all levels of technical and operating management.
5. Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment as leader or member of a cross-functional team, as well as ability to independently function in the technical and supervisory capacities.
6. Good skills in project management.
7. Strong ability to analyze and use technical data and resources.
8. Ability to specify requirements for products, product components and assemblies, tooling and fixtures.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical field plus 8 (or Master’s degree plus 6) years experience in the medical device or closely related industry or equivalency. A minimum of 3 years experience should be in a supervisory capacity. Demonstrated
knowledge of development, manufacturing and quality systems requirements for medical devices required. Demonstrated positive communication and human relation skills are also necessary requirements for this position.
The incumbent must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the duties and responsibilities.
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...