Ameren Missouri is part of St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation, generating almost 10,500 megawatts and serving 1.2 million electric customers in Missouri, including 127,000 natural gas customers. Our 4,000 employees account for more than one third of Ameren’s 9,000 total workforce, and our service area covers 63 counties and more than 500 towns, including the greater St. Louis area.
Under direct but not constant supervision, to handle customer requests for connection and disconnection of service, calls for emergency service, and questions about service; to handle customers’ complaints and inquiries, answer questions regarding information shown on customer billing records; and to perform related work as assigned. In this role to perform details of work, such as:
- Take phone/mail/online applications for connection and disconnection of services for all customer classes; calls for emergency service, and correction orders such as changes in name or address, etc.
- Take customers’ complaints regarding meters and initiate meter investigations order when necessary.
- Initiate reconnection orders received by telephone from customers for service previously disconnected for non-payment of bills.
- Answer inquiries from customers, electricians, and others regarding service and other information shown on customer billing records.
- Investigate billing records to obtain information where service is used and no customer to bill.
- Grant or deny requests for extension of time to pay on delinquent residential accounts, and accept or refuse partial payments in accordance with established Company policy.
- Discuss high bill complaints, average bills, and bill calculation, including current balances, delinquent balances, and other charges
- Explain Company credit and collection policies, including collection actions and deposit requests.
- Prepare/issue duplicate bills.
- Receive and process residential and commercial orders for connection and disconnection.
- Handle trouble calls received from customers and report to dispatching according to company policy.
- Process adjustments to customer bills involving late payment charges, corrections of amounts or dates, or other debits/credits as necessary.
- Take action to cancel scheduled cut-off action on residential accounts and perform daily clerical operations, such as customer correspondences/faxes, letters of credit, and other forms or letters requested by customers.
- Candidates must be able avoid the order of erroneous disconnection of service to customers for nonpayment of bills, and promptly issue orders to restore service previously disconnected.
- Candidates must be able to hold confidential information related to customer accounts.
- Candidates must be able to promptly and courteously answer customer inquiries.
- Candidates must accurately enter customer information on Company records and orders.
- Candiates must promptly transmit dispatching orders for emergency service and reconnection orders.
- Candidates must respond for emergency callouts
- Candidates should have good communication skills and speak distinctly
- Candidates should exhibit tact and diplomacy essential for customer contact
- Candidates are required to have effective letter writing skills
- Candidates must be willing to work with diverse classes of customers by telephone, in writing, or online.
- Candidates must be willing to collaborate with other employees in various departments relating to customer billing records and services.
High School graduate or equivalent.
Able to demonstrate a businesslike, professional manner in dealing with customers.
As a condition of acceptance on this job, candidates who are otherwise qualified will be required to take and be recommended on medical/testing/drug screeing and the Edison Electric Institute Customer Service Representative (CSR) aptitude tests.
This position includes performance DOT-covered safety sensitive functions.
Ameren provides the power that makes much of the American Midwest run. The holding company distributes electricity to 2.4 million customers...