Technical Support Representative - Ref: USTSR
Provides technical support to customers, answering complex questions on function and usage of product via the telephone, email and/or internet chat.Serve as primary support liaison between GFI and customer. The Technical Support Representative may be required to test and evaluate GFI software and perform basic network administrator tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve clients' technical questions or problems over the telephone, email and/or internet chat in the areas of system configurations/setup, product functionality and bugs/enhancements.
- Convey customer feedback to product development staff.
- Keep customer informed of how and when problems are resolved.
- Involved in any additional follow up, testing and troubleshooting.
- Escalating issues that require it in a timely manner.
- Responsible for appropriate referral to other support and quality assurance areas.
- Promote and maintain a high quality, professional, service-oriented company image among users.
- May be responsible for resolving technical support escalations.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Good working knowledge of mail-technology (SMTP/IMAP/POP).
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of various email systems, including Exchange Server.
- Able to resolve general product problems via telephone or email support.
- Good writing, editing, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Experience with different operating systems and servers.
- Proficient PC skills used, as required, for testing, troubleshooting, call logging, product programming.
- Professional presentation required.
Education / Experience:
- Strong oral communication skills; heavy telephone and/or email, internet chat usage.
- Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills.
- Associate's degree or equivalent required, preferably in Computer Science.
- MCSA or MCSE certification is desirable.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Product Support or related field required.
How to Apply
Think you have the necessary qualities to join the GFI Software team? Then send your letter of application by email to the attention of the HR Department including your resume and salary requirements, clearly indicating which job you are applying for by quoting the reference code that appears with the job description. You may also apply by fax to: 919-379-3411.
GFI Software - 2 years ago