Deloitte & Touche LLP's ("Deloitte & Touche's") Audit and Enterprise Risk Services business has a risk-based approach, experienced professionals, comprehensive methodologies, and technical resources. Deloitte & Touche's services combine competency and experience in the areas of financial reporting, risk management, and compliance.
The external audit services include:
In conducting an external audit of clients' financial statements, Deloitte & Touche holds itself to the standards of independence, professional objectivity, and technical excellence. The audit approach is designed to provide the flexibility to serve the unique circumstances and complexities of clients. The Deloitte & Touche approach is to understand a client's business, the risks it faces, its internal controls, and assess the risk of material misstatement of the financials in order to design effective audit procedures. For public companies subject to the internal control reporting requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Deloitte & Touche integrates the audit of internal control over financial reporting with the audit of the financial statements. Deloitte & Touche's professionals bring a comprehensive methodology that leverages the extensive professional and technical resources for clients' specific circumstances.
- Audits of Financial Statements, including reviews of quarterly financial information
- Audits of internal control over financial reporting including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404
- Agreed Upon Procedure
- Other attest related services
Technical and Professional Responsibilities:
Personal and Practice Development:
- Develop an understanding of the Deloitte & Touche audit approach, methodology & tools
- Establish working relationships with client personnel
- Perform analytical review of audit documents
- Review client accounting and operating procedures and systems of internal control
- Identify accounting and auditing issues; perform research to solve issues that arise
- Exhibit a professional, business-like demeanor
- Prepare financial statement reports and documentation supporting Deloitte & Touche's audit opinions
- Apply concepts of risk assessment
- Design and perform tests of internal controls
- Provide recommendations for improved controls and enhanced business efficiency
Bachelor of Science/Business Administration or Master of Science in Accounting Must meet minimum requirements to sit for CPA exam before beginning full-time employment Strong academic credentials (Minimum GPA of 3.0) Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs) Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, manage ambiguity, and work under tight time deadlines Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels Willingness to travel for out-of-town engagements
- Pass the CPA exam
- Take proactive career steps - set goals and career plans with advisor/career counselor
- Develop excellent professional oral and written communication skills
- Continually develop through our Deloitte Services LP Learning curriculum of eLearning modules and local and national training programs
- Support organization and function initiatives
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/ about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Are you ready to Strengthen Your Lead? If so, consider Deloitte. The Deloitte U.S. Firms have 60,000+ professionals with a single focus:...