Skip to Main Content
Current Career Opportunities
HR Business Systems Analyst
Fri. 11/30/12 4:30 PM Mountain Time
Print Job Information |
We are seeking an analytical HR professional to perform a variety of complex technical and administrative duties related to the county's Human Resources Information System (HRIS) software. The successful candidate will analyze and improve current and future Human Resources processes and systems; create complex reports for use by managers, supervisors, budget staff, performance measurement, and other internal information needs; implement, integrate, monitor and optimize HR strategies, processes, systems and methodologies to support HR operations.
Examples of Important and Essential Duties:
- Acts as the primary owner of HR data structure.
- Maintains position control setup for county positions.
- Conducts business process analysis, needs assessments and preliminary cost/benefit requirements to align HR technology solutions with business initiatives.
- Acts as a change agent regarding strategy implementation and process improvements through appropriate communication, education/training and change management activities.
- Assesses and implements appropriate levels of employee self-service and manager self-service functionality for the organization.
- Creates and implements reporting capabilities to automate manual activities, improve processes, and enhance accuracy and efficiency.
- Acts as a liaison with IT and functional users in creating and testing new programs and functionality.
- Utilizes Excel and other applications to manipulate, analyze and logically present data to end users at any level of the organization.
- Provides analysis and interpretation of report data as required.
- Identifies, gathers and analyzes departmental and countywide metrics for annual reporting to support departmental and countywide goals.
- Supports HR processes, including salary survey submission and annual salary increases.
- Processes necessary year-end changes to the JDEdwards software system in position control, salary range files and job files.
- Writes and administers county policies related to compensation and classification programs.
- Works on special projects assigned.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
May exercise some supervision over staff.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities to:
- Think strategically to design, collect, and create data, reports and analytics.
- Self-directed with a positive attitude and high energy level.
- Strong business knowledge in HR functions and processes such as HR, and Payroll.
- Strong understanding of Oracle JDE EnterpriseOne Payroll, and HR modules.
- Ability to adapt to changes and continuously meet deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking ability coupled with qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate ability to use creativity and resourcefulness.
- Focused on quality and accuracy and possess a high degree of initiative.
- Extensive knowledge of report writing and ability to create reports.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer-service skills required.
- Multitask and prioritize workload.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish, maintain and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Experience: Three years experience required with direct responsibility in the areas of HR reporting, technology assessment, implementation, and maintenance; 3+ years human resources experience; and experience with a variety of systems and applications including report writing, information system analysis and system design.
- Education and Training: Bachelor of Science degree in Human Resources, Information Systems, or related discipline in which business knowledge, an understanding of human resource practices, and HR technology are gained.
- Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge and use of Crystal Reports, Excel or another enterprise level reporting tool; experience managing HR, Payroll, and within major Human Resources ERP systems; and must understand underlying relational database concepts to assist in report writing.
WORK LOCATION: Adams County Government Center, 4430 S. Adams County Parkway, Brighton, CO 80601
- License or Certificate: PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal (CBI) background check.
DAYS/HOURS: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Current Career Opportunities
4430 South Adams County Parkway | Brighton, Colorado 80601 | 303.659.2120 | 800.824.7842