Come bring your phlebotomy and customer service experience to support the life saving mission of the American Red Cross Blood Services.
Based out of Bend, we are looking for staff to work at community based blood drives throughout Central Oregon (schedule varies)
Job Summary: Conduct blood donor health history screening to determine eligibility or complete donor phlebotomy in addition to multiple blood drive support activities. Demonstrate excellence in customer service and public relations to promote a positive, professional image of the American Red Cross Biomedical Services. Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, Safety Quality Identity
Potency Purity (SQUIPP), regulations outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other applicable Federal, state and local regulations.
1. Comply with applicable Federal, State and local regulations as well as all American Red Cross policies, procedures and guidelines.
2. Perform whole blood collection procedures (allogeneic, autologous, directed, therapeutic) or conduct donor health history screening procedures.
3. Perform drive set-up, donor greeting, collection set labeling, processing and packing blood, donor reaction care as assigned.
4. Perform daily function checks, assemble and maintain supplies and equipment to ensure a state of readiness and to maintain compliance.
5. Function with team effort to ensure efficient donation process focused on donor and sponsor expectations. Maintain positive public relations to promote a professional image.
6. May operate any ARC vehicle. Operate assigned vehicle according to applicable regulations. May perform vehicle checks and complete DOT paperwork per established protocol. Perform vehicle loading and unloading as assigned.
7. Complete required readings and training assignments by assigned deadline.
8. Perform other related duties as necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified.
Scope: Balance production, customer service and compliance on a daily basis, ensuring integrity of product and optimum donor experience. As an integral link between donors and ARCBS, portray a commitment to customer service by conveying and demonstrating a consistent style of professionalism.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Medical assistant or phlebotomy training is preferred. Customer service experience, effective verbal communication, and public relations skills are required. A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required. Basic computer skills desirable.
Competencies: The duties and responsibilities mentioned in the job description are representative of the essential functions of the position. The performance management system incorporates competencies which are identified, discussed and evaluated in order to meet operational milestones and which are tied to job families and titles. Three types of competencies have been identified; Technical Competencies are job specific skills and methods, Core Competencies are the abilities and behaviors expected of all Biomedical Services employees, Leadership Competencies are specific abilities and behaviors required of those performing formal management roles or other leadership roles (i.e. Project Leaders). Management and staff should contact Human Resources for further details on the appropriate competencies for a specific position.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: The duties above indicate the essential functions of the position. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Physical requirements may include the ability to lift, push or pull heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs, good manual dexterity, the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and adapt to long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required. Exposure levels are based on the essential functions as stated in this position description; however, in some instances, variances may occur due to the applicable nature of this position within a particular work site. Therefore the work site may determine the exposure level to be greater than or less than the below stated level. This position is an exposure determination I in view of the fact that the position requires the incumbent work under conditions where the potential exists for the incumbent to make contact with blood or blood components as a result of splashes, spills, and/or needlesticks.
The humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. The common...